Hot Lure: NBK

Trolling Speed: 2.5-3.0 GPS

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 40-220

Lure Depth: Surface to 70

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Friday we had to go to Letchworth to scout and set up blinds for the NWTF Wheelin' Sportsman hunt we put on Saturday. We made it to the launch by 1, and started setting lines in 60' of water and headed North looking for kings. We put out 2 dipsys with flies (back 100' and 150' on mono.....I know, I know, I'm getting wire setup this week) and stacked 2 rods on each rigger. Riggers lines set at 20,40, 50, and 70. All the standard green stuff on the riggers, NBK, Glo Frog, 42 Second, and a DWB. Dipsies had a white green dot spinny with a green crinkle, and a green crush echip with a white glo fly. No hits, had a few releases but I'm almost positive it was due to a light release tension. I fixed that and we headed in towards Hedges to try for a Brown before dark. Finally we hooked up with a 12lb brown and my dad's girlfriend caught her biggest fish ever! We pulled shortly after since it was clear she was getting cold.

100_MEDIA95_IMAG0104.jpg

Saturday we had a great event, none of the 4 hunters shot birds but they all had gobbling birds or close encounters. Here's a group pic and news article from that if your interested. Check out the wheelchairs with tank treads on them! They can go anywhere they want.

Hunters_and_NWTF_Crossroads_Limbhangers_Chapter_Members.jpg

http://geneseesun.com/index.php/living/ ... worth-park

Sunday I hunted in the am and we made it to the launch around 1 again. This time we encountered all that mud everyone has mentioned and we started setting up in 40' and working the edge of that out to deeper water because we were marking steady fish there. No hits, and we trolled all the way out to 220 and then circled towards Hedges again. This time we had a shaker King on the glo frog down 60 over 110', we ran that 110 line for a while and right in front of Hedges we had a screamer. 2nd one of the year on the boat and my bass fishing buddy had his first big fish on. It weighed in at 15lbs after hitting the NBK down 40' over 110'. It hit the port side bottom line, ran across everything we had out, then ran straight at the boat before turning and making his big run and almost it spooled him (I forgot to tell him about the adjust the drag thing since I had them all set light for brown's). The fish even spent a little time doing some acrobatics which was cool to see. I think my buddy is rethinking the bass fishing thing.....I don't think he will pick pond fishing over coming with us the next time we invite him.

Bents_Shark.jpg

My biggest passion is turkey hunting, so for this month I will just have to settle for afternoon trips. I can't wait for June though!