Walleye....Opening weekend...Lake Ontario

choo-choo

Icedd and I headed up to Henderson Harbor friday for the Walleye opener on saturday. Friday we fished out of stoney creek for browns late morning and had fun with 3 to 6 lb browns....we went 8 for 12 .....A good start to the week-end.

We were really up there for the walleye's....we decided not to do the midnight shift, so we headed out of sacketts sat morn at dawn. Slow going ...not a lot of bites , had some bad luck and only 1 eye and a pike made it to the net in the morning. But after noon , things picked up for us , and we ended up landing 4 real nice eye's for the day...30 incher , a 27, and two 26 inchers, along with an over 30 pike. We were happy due to the conditions and seemingly slow going all around the bay. All the fish were taken on the same color pattern lures, at the same depth . We tried all kinds of stuff , and every color of the rainbow,and lots of presentations, at all depths from the surface to 40 feet , but only one combo of color and depth took all the bites!!!

After landing those beauties on sat, we were looking forward to sunday morning. Most of our bait and fish were gone from our sat afternoon spots, a lot of the bait headed from the mouth of the bay , to way into the bay . But we managed to have steady action 'til our quitting time of 12 /12:30 sunday. We had like 13 hits.....3 more big eye's, another 30 incher , a 28 and another over 25 brute too , 3 nice pike 30 to 34 , a monster smallie, a big brawling sheepshead, and a nice 6lb brown...along with a few more lost big (eye's)and pike. Again, all our fish came on the same saturday combo , despite the wind and water changes. We could have fished with just 2 rods to catch our fish...all the other stuff was dead for us !

Icedd and I had a great time, met a bunch of nice people, and caught some awesome NY state walleye's!! What a place!!Here are a couple of pics....

icedd with 2 of our fish from sunday

DSCF1064.jpg

me ,daves boat and saturdays walleyes

DSCF1053.jpg

Sweeet...! I like that U were skunked on all but one rig combo, despite the environ changes. plus the next day's fish variety.. all with that same rig and presentation. Awsome :) . Uh, care to divulge to the world what did work....? I'm just sayin' :mmm:

Nice catch, good talking with you. We ended up with one combo and depth also. Hey nice boat by the way

Hi walleyemagic... thanks..always nice to see and hear you out there on the water. How are you liking your autopilot after a few day's with it?

I'm sure icedd will appreciate your nice comment on his boat...I love fishing out of it. But i told icedd , that an autopilot and YOUR BOAT are on my wish list for fishing up there in that neck of the woods. It looks like it is a comfortable , roomy , stable , dry and safe ride !!! Awesome looking boat you got ...some day......I would like to own one. And continued good luck to you the rest of the year!!

Thanks, so far so good. I think we are getting the hang of it. For the savings in fuel i will put up with a learning curve. hope to see and talk to you again. Good luck 2 more days and back at em.

oh by the way the combo that worked was a Bomber in a new color pattern. called trial and error ! over 30ft of water

haha I was almost going to look for it but then realized the sarcasism. We were using deep thundersticks, and jr. in the same color combo.