*FISHING TACKLE STOLEN* 500$ REWARD

Hello fellow fisherman. While at your beautiful Salmon River Falls this Saturday with 6 Boy Scouts our fishing tackle was stolen from our car in the parking lot. There were 2 red soft bags and 1 green bag. They were full of terminal tackle,xps and yo-zuri stickbaits, target minnows, x-raps. Colors were rainbow, brown trout, purple. Many needlefish and assorted spoons. My Son's flyfishing stuff was stolen. ALL hand tied by himself. He was to do a flyfishing demonstration that afternoon for a merit badge but it never happened. 500$ cash to anybody with information leading to the recovery of our stuff back. Val DeCesare 518-788-1679. We had a Great time on Good Times and Strike Zone charters on Sunday boating some georgous Brown's, a Steelie and a Laker!

P5060106.jpg

P5060105.jpg

Wow man, its sorry to hear that. Its amazing what some people will do. Unfortunately I see this working seeing as how I work Loss Prevention at a retail store catching shoplifters. But as far as fishing goes I generally let people have tackle if something is working for me and go as far as to show them the techniques I use (not all of course ;)) but stealing tackle from anther fisherman is blasphemy in my book. Anyways good luck on finding your stuff. I hope for the best and ill keep an eye out if im up there anytime soon. Maybe ill get to catch I tackle thief :)

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

That Sucks! A friend got cleaned out at the Syracuse Gander Mtn store. Police told him thieves are working in pairs now with cell phones. Once you leave your vehicle, one thief keeps his eye on your movements while the other robs your vehicle. If they see you heading back to your vehicle, a fast cell phone call and the thief is gone. Lowlife alcohol or drug addicts, one can only hope they die a slow and painful death from substance abuse.

That Sucks! A friend got cleaned out at the Syracuse Gander Mtn store. Police told him thieves are working in pairs now with cell phones. Once you leave your vehicle, one thief keeps his eye on your movements while the other robs your vehicle. If they see you heading back to your vehicle, a fast cell phone call and the thief is gone. Lowlife alcohol or drug addicts, one can only hope they die a slow and painful death from substance abuse.

or a more rapid demise from a sudden case of acute lead poisoning, if you catch my drift.

There were 2 red day packs, 1 made by Mountainsmith and the other made by Rokk. The green bag was a flambeu tackle bag. Lures were like I said Bass Pro XPS skickbaits in Brown Trout, Rainbow trout. Yo Zuri pins minnows in purple, rainbow, gold. X Raps were in various colors size 8. We are talking about a hundred lures or more. I teach fishing to Boy Scouts and at several tournaments to young children. There was a ton of terminal tackle (red octupus hooks, ball bearing swivels, sinkers etc.). There were two small green tackle boxes in the red bags which contained spinners, flys and about 50 salmon spoons in all colors. There was about a hundred hand tied flys and beaded nymphs. Dipsy divers, flashers and howie flys. About a half a dozen hemostat/ scissors. Both red bags look like large fanny packs. There were six very disappointed Boy Scouts later that afternoon that could not fish. It's time to play a little "Bait Car" in that area. They do not know who they are dealing with here! They shouldn't be worried about the Troopers.

or a more rapid demise from a sudden case of acute lead poisoning, if you catch my drift.

Now ur talkin' :devil:

Just to let you guys know with the more recent thieveiy but also to all whom grace the parking lots of the Salmon River. I have been going to the river now for over 30 years and that everyone knows that goes there often is that there is a rash of break ins and theifts to cars in the upper sections of the river and has been for many years. Lets just say I have heard rumors and they are just that not facts is that is is some locals that very frequintly seek out these lots and target cars that are in places that the angler has to walk far from there vehical to fish so the cannot be detected when they steal. I do not know who they are but I have lost lots of gear in the past up there also. These guys make a regular run up and down these upper lots waiting for a clear shot to steal. The only combat is to not leave anything your not using that day in your car of value. I have heard of countless numbers of gear theft. These guys need to be caught and delt with as I also have lost thousands of dollors of gear to whom ever it is. I do hope you have better luck in finding who they are but check your local e-bay and craigs list cause thats where all this is prbably going to end up for beer money! Just saying!!!!Sorry about your loss is sure sucks!

Just curious if your doors were locked? Was stuff in plain sight? I fish up there all the time. But I always lock everything in my car and if something is valuable...cover it up with a jacket or something. Knock on wood...I've never had any trouble. I fish sometimes 2-3 times a week. Sorry it happened to you. Hopefully they catch the dirt bags and u get your stuff back.

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

Doors were locked. Car is a hatchback, so they could see something. We never knew what a crime laden area this is. There will be articles coming out in our local papers about this unfortunate event. I have wrote several chapters in books on fishing and have been featured in many newspaper articles. Field and stream magazine has written a story on us in the past. I am used to sending out good honest information to the public that people can enjoy reading. I am speaking tonite at a Boy Scout event and this will get out to hundreds of Sportsman and Sportswomen. I do not think anyone will enjoy this fishing story. It's too bad the Troopers can't control this. We go up there and see many, many, many CO,s and Police monitoring the fisherman when they should be monitoring the real criminals. Oswego county is choking itself to death by letting this continue for apparently a very long time. It has one of the highest crime rates in the state! I am taking this task very seriously. Crime prevention will be included from now on in all my articles and when speaking to children and thier families about the great outdoors.

Sorry to hear about your recent theft and I do understand you are frustrated and angry but to go around and tell everyone to boycott Oswego county I feel is wrong. Crime is everywhere. If this theft would have happened in your driveway would you move? Please think about the innocent merchants, charter captains etc. of Oswego that would be effected before you tell everyone to boycott Oswego. Stopping the scumbag criminals is where we ALL should be focusing our energy!

Brian

Doors were locked. Car is a hatchback, so they could see something. After spending the week talking about this to many, we have decided to go elsewhere to spend our hard earned dollars. Oswego county will NEVER get another dime from me and at least another dozen individuals. We never knew what a crime laden area this is. There will be articles coming out in our local papers about this unfortunate event. Many will read and follow my recomendation to avoid this area. There are much safer places to take children fishing and have a great time. I have wrote several chapters in books on fishing and have been featured in many newspaper articles. Field and stream magazine has written a story on us in the past. I am used to sending out good honest information to the public that people can enjoy reading. I am speaking tonite at a Boy Scout event and this will get out to hundreds of Sportsman and Sportswomen. I do not think anyone will enjoy this fishing story. It's too bad the Troopers can't control this. We go up there and see many, many, many CO,s and Police monitoring the fisherman when they should be monitoring the real criminals. Oswego county is choking itself to death by letting this continue for apparently a very long time. It has one of the highest crime rates in the state! Not a good place to bring your children. I am taking this task very seriously. Crime prevention will be included from now on in all my articles and when speaking to children and thier families about the great outdoors. This information will be spread throughout the Twin Rivers Boy Scout council and the whole Scouting organization. That's a BOATLOAD of future fisherman and thier families that will think twice about vacationing in this area and keeping the community alive.

I think you have just lost all the potential help you might have had in recovering your stolen goods.

I sure hope that you have fewer spelling mistakes in the articles that you write in books.....

Sorry I did not spell check. And as far as "dissing" this area, I have done my research. Talk to any Trooper is this area and they will tell you the same. It is unfortunate, I agree. These are the facts and I do not like it either. Salmon River is one of my favorite fishing spots and I will miss it dearly. Anything I can do to avoid another fisherman or Boy Scout the disappointment of being robbed I will execute. Anyone wishing to discuss this personally, my number is right here. I hold the utmost respect for Charter Captains and thier profession. Yes, I am very upset and probably say things I shouldn't but that's my problem to deal with.

I don't understand...

We blame the county? How about we blame the criminal? I get the anger and frustration. But direct it toward the right area. I can almost with a 100% guarantee that you were not victimized by a true fisherman. Except for the ocassional pissing match (see other thread "how long will this last") fisherman respect each other. I think you are looking to find someone who is going to fence this stuff and not someone who is going to use it.

Burnt Hills looks like a nice area to live in. How is the fishing there? Probably as good as it is in Corning. You went to Lake O for the same reason I do. I am truly sorry for your experience but don't take it out on the people in this forum.

Charter Boat captains in Oswego should be weary of this as well. The guy was happy on the water but is going to tell hundreds of people how bad the town is. Not your legal repsonsibility, however, it could affect client business. It should be a priority of yours to curtail this.

If your doors were locked...how did they get in your car? Was a window open? Did they break a window? I will have to say I have lived in many counties in NY. Theirs crime/theft in all of them. I had a high dollar performance exhaust system stolen off my car as it sat in my driveway. This was in Cayuga county. Theft is everywhere. You gotta cover up your valuables man. I'm sure your po and all...and I feel your pain! But **** happens. You can't tell me you would leave valuables out in the open in Albany. Theirs good people in Oswego county...and theirs trash...just like in every county in NY.

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

Not cool man. What good does it do to post your plans of boycotting Lake O. on Lake Ontario United?

If you are still looking to lose some gear drive 3 mins to scotia or schenectady and leave gear in your car that is in plain view.

:)

Sorry I did not spell check. And as far as "dissing" this area, I have done my research. Talk to any Trooper is this area and they will tell you the same. It is unfortunate, I agree. These are the facts and I do not like it either. Salmon River is one of my favorite fishing spots and I will miss it dearly. Anything I can do to avoid another fisherman or Boy Scout the disappointment of being robbed I will execute. Anyone wishing to discuss this personally, my number is right here. I hold the utmost respect for Charter Captains and thier profession. Yes, I am very upset and probably say things I shouldn't but that's my problem to deal with.

http://www.criminaljustice.ny.gov/crimn ... rt2011.pdf

did you check these facts ?

Doors were locked. Car is a hatchback, so they could see something. After spending the week talking about this to many, we have decided to go elsewhere to spend our hard earned dollars. Oswego county will NEVER get another dime from me and at least another dozen individuals. We never knew what a crime laden area this is. There will be articles coming out in our local papers about this unfortunate event. Many will read and follow my recomendation to avoid this area. There are much safer places to take children fishing and have a great time. I have wrote several chapters in books on fishing and have been featured in many newspaper articles. Field and stream magazine has written a story on us in the past. I am used to sending out good honest information to the public that people can enjoy reading. I am speaking tonite at a Boy Scout event and this will get out to hundreds of Sportsman and Sportswomen. I do not think anyone will enjoy this fishing story. It's too bad the Troopers can't control this. We go up there and see many, many, many CO,s and Police monitoring the fisherman when they should be monitoring the real criminals. Oswego county is choking itself to death by letting this continue for apparently a very long time. It has one of the highest crime rates in the state! Not a good place to bring your children. I am taking this task very seriously. Crime prevention will be included from now on in all my articles and when speaking to children and thier families about the great outdoors. This information will be spread throughout the Twin Rivers Boy Scout council and the whole Scouting organization. That's a BOATLOAD of future fisherman and thier families that will think twice about vacationing in this area and keeping the community alive.

OK............ Somone had to say this, might as well be me......Adam2000 will be happy. :P

Spike

Sad states of affairs, guys. Erabbit; excellent data info...need some time to sift through that, but great stuff. This thread exposes some tough and serious emotion in folks. Bigdaddio, I, as do many others, know of and feel your pain. And other folks expressing thought of revenge and justice by death. Understood. I've lived in New York State for most of my life; even as a child. One should learn at an early age that thievery is very common and pervasive (and ALWAYS has been) in life in general. Different animals and people (must I make the distinction?) deal with it differently. But it is very common. And not to just "those folks" and in "those places"....It's everywhere. Whole cultures and societies have either embraced or embellished some degree of thievery and ripping-off (our great nation included) into the fabrics of their existence. Suffice to say, stealing, like ****, happens :( . Bigdaddio, you may feel embarrassed and maybe like U set your scouting group down somehow; and responsible...But, if what U say is true, then you have a unique gift. As a scout leader, and good connections to being able to possibly influence others in society positively, that is special. Yes those guys need to be nabbed. But don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Don't allow your pain and suffering to spread to the everybody in your world. And remember that your scouts will be influenced, too. You wouldn't want to teach them how to be vengeful, and see that as really a good thing, would you? We all want justice for ourselves; thieves come in all ages and places, not particularly in Oswego County, New York. (I don't live there). Learn from the experience and strive not to allow it to happen again. And seek help and justice from folks in Oswego and everywhere else...I can tell you this. You will not get the help you need by bashing publicly another region in your world where the event took place. You'll get a better result by being a little more diligent about taking care of your material things maybe a little differently next time, showing others how to do that, and realizing that "you can attract more bees with honey than vinegar" :)

I know you are upset and I would be furious myself but please look at your approach. You are teaching impressionable young men to run, avoid, and basically give up. That is a loss of your freedom and pursuit of happiness. It is a win for the thieves and other criminals. I dislike the city and its crime. Did that stop us from going to Newburgh and launching in the Ghetto? Hell no! We caught fish of a life time. Did we do things differently? Heck ya. Every time we stopped at a store the other stood guard. We left nothing in sight. I think you should stand back and take a good look before you give up a place you love and enjoy and if in the end you still want to avoid and not fish there any more I feel sorry for your followers who will miss out. I do feel you are obligated to warn your followers and the general public of this criminal activity and support that, but not you approach to give up. I am sorry for your loss! MY 2 CENTS

I have edited my posts. I left the misspelled words for your pleasure. Check out the facts for yourself. My mechanic opened my car door in less than ten seconds to show me how easy it is. The alarm runs for only three minutes then shuts off. I neglected to say that my wallet (liscence, credit cards, checks, meds,380$ in cash and numerous items totalling almost three thousand dollars) was also stolen. I just purchased 99.50$ in clothing from All Seasons Sports, gone. I live in Burnt Hills 45 minutes from Albany. I believe theft is a concern to all of you.