Michigan Stinger problems

Wondering if anyone else has had a problem with the finish on stingers? I have pulled brand new stingers for a few hrs and when i pull them up the paint and clear coat is just flaking off! I fish the mags med and smalls and have had problems with most of them.( Just painted ones) the stickers are fine. I spoke with a rep and he told me hes had no problems with them but i find that hard to believe because i have over a dozen that are doing this.They have not been dragged on bottom or abused in any way. Im not talking about normal wear and tear either its way worse than that. Here are two that i fished sunday id like to say i caught so many fish on them that they wore the finish off but i never caught a fish on these ones.I even have a few that were clear coat and black when i dropped them but when i brought them ep they were bare metal! I wouldnt mind as much if they were inexpensive spoons!

0508121839.jpg

The Rep is lost :lol: We run them every day and have the same problems. That is why I have switched over to mostly DW spoons. I still have my core group of stingers I run but they dont last long. I have put down some and at the end of the day they are one color silver :no: . I ran two new NK spoons last week that did the same thing. Some colors hold up better than others. The problem with the NK was the tape job not the paint. I have R@R spoons, Moonshine, DW, and Silver Streak that have been in the water for days and hold up great. I like stinger spoons but the paint sucks. Sean

I find it hard to believe that the rep told me that he has never had a problem with the finish on these spoons. Its not every style but some of these finishes are just junk.I Pay almost $8 apiece frome bass pro for these spoons and they are freakin junk. I will call again in the morning and let them know im not the only one! Thanks for the input guys!

What color spoons are you having a problem with? Some of my orange ones the paint wears away like sodus buckeye and spoons similar. But its in all of them super slims Nk etc.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

I only buy about three or four colors any more and I re-paint with clear coat before I get them wet. They last longer that way. I bought over $250 worth of DW ss over the winter and if they hold up and catch fish I may NEVER buy any more of there JUNK paint jobs again :devil: ..........

I have the same problem.....I always thought it was because I was catching too many fish on them...but the other day I put down a brand new, out of the package kevorkian...and it never took a hit..... but came back up all silver! ;(

That never happened before....maybe they are having issues they don't know about yet?

All Stinger spoons have this problem. All other brands out last them by a long shot. I take all the paint off of them after most has come off (usually a couple fish) and re paint them myself. We should not have to deal with this for the $$$$$ they are getting for them.

I will leave this post up for a for a few days because it seems alot of us are having the same problems. the more comments the better. The spoons i am having problems with all are smooth finish. Here are a few that i have had problems with.Skittles,nuke green,alwife,emerald shiner,all die hards,lime tuxedo and superman.I know ther are more but thats what i was able to dig out.

I have the same problem with the "Superman" which is my favorite brown trout lure. After 5 fish it becomes a fine silver laker lure.

I still use them because Michelle at Captains Cove discontinued selling Stingers at her shop and she sold me a bunch of them for cheap.

I have the same problem.....I always thought it was because I was catching too many fish on them...but the other day I put down a brand new, out of the package kevorkian...and it never took a hit..... but came back up all silver! ;(

That never happened before....maybe they are having issues they don't know about yet?

They have known about the finish durability for years. I had posted in another forum about this in the past and had contacted their customer service . I did not hear back from them for over four months and then not until I had started to bash their product durability and lack of customer service. Then I get an e-mail asking me to stop the negatives as they had addressed the problems with their paint formulations by hiring a new chemist or something. No apology even for the crappy products they were selling for top dollar. Like I said a few years ago but hasn't been a Stinger on my boat since. I Run DW and NK almost exclusively with some Luhr Jensens and Fuzzy Bears for good measure.

Yup, their paint sux!!

Most of my Michigan stingers have paint issues, anything from just a few flakes gone to the whole spoon is just silver. I'd be willing to start a Michigan Stinger buy back program... They can buy back all my once painted spoons, for $6.00 a piece.