After doing quite well on lakers and a few nice kings farther east last week, I decided to head west to Wilson with all the good reports coming in. Granted I am very green with this type of fishing. I fished from 60 fow out to 175 with a mostly blank screen. Needless to say it was a very humbling experience a two good trips last week farther east. Nonetheless the lake was glassy and I was very comfortable out there in my 16 footer.

Trolled spoons on downriggers down 40 - 70 feet, tried a 5 color with a spoon, then also a stickbait on the surface when I pulled the core out. Nada, zip, zero. Couldn't even find a school of lakers to play with.

Speed was from 2-3 mph, no sensor for me for down speed and I am in no position to go out and get one so if anybody see's a used one on the cheap please send word my way.

You probably didn't far enough west. Seems the fish went a bit towards the bar after the winds. My fish have been way deeper than 70 foot too. Try 100+ next time over the deep water. Good luck.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Oh.....so now they are YOUR fish? Huh........

You probably didn't far enough west. Seems the fish went a bit towards the bar after the winds. My fish have been way deeper than 70 foot too. Try 100+ next time over the deep water. Good luck.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Oh.....so now they are YOUR fish? Huh........

:D:rofl::D