walleye fishing report's

There aren't many on this board who fish walleye.. much less the n/e corner of the Lake. I usually put in some time at Mud Bay, but spent this year pounding Erie. I would suspect that the walleye fishing should be starting to pick up at the mouth of the bay by now. My favorite troll there is pulling worm rigs and Renosky's along the 35-40 ft. ridge that runs from the tip of Grenadier n/w towards Charity Shoals. There's some huge walleye there.. hope to hit it once more this season! Good Fishing, Sluggo (Chris)

There aren't many on this board who fish walleye.. much less the n/e corner of the Lake. I usually put in some time at Mud Bay, but spent this year pounding Erie. I would suspect that the walleye fishing should be starting to pick up at the mouth of the bay by now. My favorite troll there is pulling worm rigs and Renosky's along the 35-40 ft. ridge that runs from the tip of Grenadier n/w towards Charity Shoals. There's some huge walleye there.. hope to hit it once more this season! Good Fishing, Sluggo (Chris)
thanks chris for the information could you give me some area's to fish erie and what set-up you use there

Bob... I usually run the riggers about 25 down, but seem to have better luck with the dipsy's for some reason. I also try to target the same depth with the dipsy's.

BK... I normally fish out of Barcelona Harbor when I fish Erie. During mid to late summer we're targeting suspended fish over fairly deep water. We'll typically be running 40 to 50 feet down over 80 to 90 feet of water. We use all the gadgets.. downriggers, dipsy's, leadcore, snap-weights off boards as well as a huge variety of terminal gear.. worm rigs, stick-baits, spoons in assorted sizes and colors. Sorry I can't be more specific, but the same stuff doesn't always work. Just gotta keep trying til you find what they want.

Good Fishing, Sluggo (Chris)

we have a camp just b4 point peninsula and we fish for walleyes quite a bit up there. umm as far as now i dunno really how to help much as i sprnd most of my time now salmon fishing and duck hunting but i no b4 the water turned over we were getting them in 75 fow with rapalas with snap ons. umm fished the black river mouth last weekend and saw them on the aqua vu in like 15 fow but no takers ill let you know more after this weekend as i plan to do one more walleye weeknd sorry for not helping much and goodluck

Some of my friends are doing really well off of Pigeon Island which is beyond the Charity shoals. Carelton Island has been hot as well. Dont ignore the underwater pts off of Tibbets Pt and Wolf Island either. I am in the process of setting up my new boat and will be able to contribute much more once she is in the water and running well.