Fishing Report

LongLine

Launched at 6:15 with “big Bro†. Cloudy but sun trying to break thru. A little fog around the horizon. South wind. Weatherman was wrong on this one. 61F in the river.

LOC5-9-12A.jpg

Headed toward Russell. Colder water on shore. Looked like the lake was working. Bluish water was way out but you couldn’t see it till you were right on top of it. Flying blind again. Had about a 3 deg surface drop. 52-48F (forgot the decimals)

Anyways…I dropped two right off the bat. Then I managed a little King (7Lb’r, natural & clean)

Then after a visit by the “Admiralâ€,

LOC5-9-12C.jpg

Bro finally got his rod to pop

LOC5-9-12D.jpg

and then again:

LOC5-9-12E.jpg

As he’s retying his line, mine pops:

LOC5-9-12F.jpg

Nothing huge, but they sure were spuinky. 2 did some jumping. These were all in the 10-14 Lb range. Only one of the four was fin clipped. All clean fish. Everything on the rigg’rs 50-80 ft down in the cold water. Not sure exactly where we were – guessing 150-180 FOW.

Wind shifted to the west and was coming up so we got off about 1:30. Will be back at it tomorrow.

Luck to all,

Tom B.

(LongLine)

Great days on the water with the old guys, can't get any better!!! good job guys!! give'r hell men, tight lines to all PAP.

Hey Tom,

Is your boat the 20', tan blue fin I saw backing out on Saturday morning down at the river? I fished with a couple of buddies that morning and I think you were pulling out into the river as we were backing down the ramp.

Just thought now to ask, the boat in the above pictures looks familiar.

Nice Kings too!!

Chris - yep, tan Bluefin, 18 ft'r, black windshield frame. Next time you see me out on the water, please take a pic. I've never seen my boat out on the water.

Skipper - yeah, haven't had him out in many years. We had a ball.

Tom B.

(LongLine)