Very large Pike reported to have been caught in Long Pond!!

I recieved an e-mail today from a friend that forwarded this to me. Take a look and you be the judge on the location. This would be a record breaker I think. Very cool to look at anyway.

For those of you who don't know where long pond is, it's a beautiful resort and pond in Greece, New York .....probably the biggest nearby center would be North Gate Plaza. No one will ever see me swim in Long Pond again!!

This is NOT a fish story ! Its a new record Northern Pike in Greece, New York The man was fishing and caught a 36" Pike.

As he was reeling it in, a 56" - 55 lb. Pike tried to eat it !!!!! He landed them both in the same net! The last picture is unreal.

pike.jpg

pike2.jpg

pike3.jpg

now that pike from sweden made it all the way to greece. wonder what is in sandy creek out by you.

oh common cut.. it.. out... the northgate plaza

and the resort town is funny wish I had the 30lb walleye pic, from canal park ponds dang...

That pike is not as big as I have seen. When taking my Ma's old white poodle for a swim in long Pond a few years ago over the summer, one 2x that size took her down. Thinking back that fish had to be at least 7 feet long, just wish white wasn't the hot color that day? Man I miss that dog! But there are bigger in Long Pond, my drunk uncles cousin saw on even bigger. His was even bigger than the boat he was in.