Michigan stinger follow up!!

Well i spoke with a rep from michigan stingers today.This time the rep told me that they have had problems for years (funny last rep said he wasnt aware of any problems with paint) he said that we can send our spoons to them at our cost and they will inspect them. If they feel the spoons are new and have not been abused they will re paint them for $2 per spoon and send them back!! He also told me that if the spoons have caught fish they dont feel the spoons (and i quote him) owe us anything!! I asked him if he was kidding me? Thats all you have to offer someone that owns hundreds of dollars of your spoons? Apparently they dont much care about the issues with ther product or the people using them. Guess once they sell them to us their job is done. Needless to say whatever stingers i own will be fished but when they are gone they are gone i will not be buying them anymore. I figure if i send them back and have them re painted fish them again send them back and re paint again and repeat this over and over again spoons will cost about a hundred bucks apiece! Ther not worth it! haha If you guys have any sites you would reccomend for nks,dreamweavers, or whatever at good prices share a link if you would because im re stocking! Thanks for all the input

DW close out sale I just got in a e-mail.......Oh make that FIRE sale..............

http://www.dreamweaverlures.com/shop/sale-discontinued

I found out the same info you got a while ago , like I said in the other post I paint the ones I buy now before they get wet .......BUT if these DW spoons I bought over the winter produce I will have NO reason to buy michigan stingers JUNK paint jobs again..................good luck !!!

That seems to be the way of the world these days...if companies cared a little more about customer service everybody would be a little happier...there might even be some uplifting news in the news paper...not just who died and who got robbed...and wich politician...is leading the scandal news this week....sorry just my little rant...I'll never buy another stinger with that news :no::no:

Tom

Im a small buisnes owner and i find it hard to believe. I go out of my way to make people happy.But the real kicker is that he offered to paint them again for $2 bucks a spoon plus i pay shipping ha thats a joke. The paint job wasnt worth that to begin with. They must sell so many they dont care? :no:

I hear you...I work for a large company and customer service is the biggest complaint I hear. It all went down hill when they moved it out of Rochester to Florida and Texas and who knows where else...nothing against people from Florida and Texas but how do you help someone in Rochester...when you are 1300 miles away :o. Oh well back to fishing :lol:

Tom

I will second R&R spoons. Nice to support local talent. If you email Dave he will paint anything you want. On a side note, Northport Nailer spoons paint jobs hold up the best IMO and I see Cabelas has expanded their line of Northports. Blue Mahi Glow, Green Mahi Glow, Orange Ice, Purple Passion Glow are all good spoon patterns. I am not affiliated with the company, just like to pass on info on a great product. My DW's and NK's have always held their paint as well. We would not be discussing this frustrating thread if their Stingray and Magnum blanks weren't so adept for catching Kings and Lakers. Part of the paint issue with Michigan Stingers is the flex of the blanks causes the paint to pop. You would think they could come up with a flexible paint formula by now. This is not a new problem. :no::no:

I will not say anything about other spoons, but I know that the MOONSHINE spoons will take a beating and if you do have one that has caught so many fish that the paint is gone, you may send it back for a replacement.

Capt. Tim Green caught over 25 fish on one standard Ratchet Jaw last week and it was beat!! He could send it back, but I think 25 fish in 2 days on one lure is well worth the $6.49 he paid and he should retire that lure and purchase another!!!! That is my opinion. But should he show up at my boat with it, I would swap it out with another for him 'cause that is just the kind of guy I am and the kind of company MOONSHINE is!!!

I sent mine in to m.stinger and they sent me back brand new in the package and toss in an extra spoon for the trouble. I paid to ship them to them but that was it, so I can`t complain. Carl what color moonshine lures and sizes r the best

Sounds to me like they're smart. If they made a product that the paint never came off sales would be much less. Customers would be happy but business would suffer. I hate it too but bottom line is the stinger blanks are lights out some days when nothing else works. I can't justify not buying them because the paint doesn't last. It's a visous cycle but what can you do? I love Dreamweavers but the paint comes off of them pretty quick too. They're not as bad as the stingers but they aren't perfect either. I want to catch fish so if I have to buy more spoons cause the paint comes off I chalk it up to the cost of doing business. Just my 2 cents.

Total Chaos