Thanks for your reports

Well let's just say I'm late to the show. Usually my boat is fishing by the last week in April. It is now may 10, and my boat is still winterized. I could give 1000 excuses as to why I'm late, but it doesn't change anything. The good news is that I've been busting a** the last few days, and the Reel hard 2 is almost ready. I should be getting her wet Monday 5-14/ or the 15. I really just wanted to say thanks to all of you, who, after a long day of fishing, catching, and cleaning, still have the energy to type up a detailed fishing report, include photos, and hit the send button to keep guys like me in the loop. Some people may get upset that your giving to much info, and that everybody is going to come catch all of THIER fish, but in reality this is what it's all about. Keep those reports coming guys! In a few more days I'll hit the send button on some info myself.... :beer:

I enjoy helping others and that is what the forum is about but I also try to encourage people to be good stewards of the fishery. People I work with can not believe that I release many of the big pigs that I have pics of. I always hope that big laker will end up on the hook of a young kid or someone new to fishing. We try to keep only badly or gill hooked fish. Ben and I love derby fishing and it always pains me to harvest a big fish but I always call the weigh station to make sure I don't kill a fish that is not going to make the board. Heck we released 2 fish last year that would have maid the board at the Red Cross derby but we had a fish on the board already. I think we will fish north this year. If we are lucky enough to get a laker on the board might head south for silver fish. Wes

Dbutts I should add that what I said is more for the new guys. It was not that long ago that a 6 fish day would be a great day. We heard people talking of 40 and 50 fish days and thought it was bull but we listened and learned over the last few years and our catch rate is much higher. These new guys need to listen to the right guys to learn to catch these fish. I started trolling trolling around 1980 and did what all the old timers did 1.2mph with cowbells dragging the ball on the bottom. I never caught fish as big as we do now. It was all rigger fishing then . Things have changed and you have to change with the times. Thanks to all the guys and gals that have helped me get out of that cowbell rut. Thanks LOU and we will see you on the lake. P.S. The best way to pump info from these guys is give them a few beers. We sit back and enjoy all the info that flows out their mouths when they have had a few . Green tea for me that way I can remember what they said :lol:

I am certainly appreciate of the info offered up on the reports. I was fishing primarily riggers and doing OK but had a few slow outings this spring and those who commented on my first post gave me some good ideas one of which was lead core and divers, which accounted for all my fish the last trip. Generally, I think the benefits of posting good information outweigh the negative. Just my opinion, but I also understand people being tight-lipped with certain aspects.

Dbutts, don't feel bad about getting your boat in now- you have the whole season ahead of you. I know how it goes- I fished all winter and I was so pumped for April Browns and then I got swamped at work and on the farm and I'm finally gonna get back out tomorrow for the first time since the end of March! Good luck out there and I agree with you- it's people sharing what they are up to on the water that makes LOU what it is! -Andy

I was thinking about posting a cricket chirping sound track. Getting close to derby time :lol: Many of the guys are up fishing lake "O" I have only been on the water twice with the big boat and one time with the kayak. It seems like we do not have enough time in the day to get all the stuff done. Our work just cut our hours and put us on work share. I will have more time but less money so I will have to make the trips count! Derby time is what we wait for all year. I hope we land a big one for one of these things. Every season we have had slammers on that just came off half way up. It's funny because the ones that get off are the ones you remember.

I agree with all of the above. I have been fishing on other people's boats with the exception of a few trips in the lil tin boat for browns. Took my shakedown last Thursday to discover my lower unit was leaking! Looks like a quick seal kit next weekend because work, school, and mother's day has this weekend gone already! Nothing like pressure (trout derby) to get a job done!

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Of course Dave, I like posting reports. Not before the tournament though. :-x I have learned alot on this site. This site and determination has gotten me a long way. Who would've thunk I would of won a derby? Why? because of this site. I had no idea what a spin dr was 3 years ago... Now look at us..

This site grows everyday.. I constantly send new people here..

yes thanks to everyone for sharing their outings here . I have learned so much in my short time looking at these boards . Fished Keuka yesterday and caught 11 fish . Had another guy come up and asked how we did . Seems he doesnt do to good up there . After I shared what little I know with him I suggested he check out these boards to him .

Will be back posting soon, just got back from the big lake. It was like fishing in a bucket over 100 kings in 4 half days of fishing Jason has the numbers in the log book. Fish on Seneca were North last time I went out of South end so I will have to hunt them down. The boat goes in Wednesday so we will be back at it, and Jason's boat is being delivered Thursday morning :yes: .

No big fish Wes, We had a twenty pound average a day or two prior to Wilson tourney for our six fish, the bigh fish had moved out deep on tourney day. Talked to some guys who were catching them out 360 and down 150. Sean