Canal Speeds

Hey guys, Just a reminder that canal speeds are set in place for a reason. When the sign says no wake or a posted speed. FOLLOW IT. Whether there be boats in the water or not.

Friday, a 21 pursuit with a red top and penn hand crank downriggers decided they wanted to come down through the canal on plane. While everyone yelled to slow down, they mouth back and actually sped up. I am not sure if they realize the damage and potential for hurting someone who may be stepping onto their dock or boat or even just relaxing inside. We know this boat fishes the south end of Seneca weekly. Trailers in. If anyone sees this boat. Please get me their registration numbers. We will be turning them in. Authorities have been contacted. This is not going to be taken lightly.

I hate to be the guy to bring this up, but it has to be done. Please remember, its not just you on the water, share it safely. I would hate to see someone face serious charges for severely hurting someone. There are plenty of kids in our marina.

Thanks Lakebound, I agree. I fish Cayuga most of the time,so the canal has never really been an issue for me but by memorial day they will be flying into the marina's and launches. It needs to be pointed out, and what better time than early in the season. Stay safe.

I saw a boat go full speed in through the chanel off waneta all the way to the launch last fall . I went and talked to the man but didn't feel it was my place to tell him how to drive Saw the same boat last weekend out of severne,it may be the same boat if you are refering to the watkins chanel. I wont name name's but it is a charter that I am refering to.

Coming out of the Seneca State Park launch channel into the canal @ idle a few years ago, almost got tagged by a bass boat coming almost wide open up the canal at day break in the fog. I went hard reverse to avoid the moron luckily. First rule of boating: The boats horsepower should not exceed the owners IQ :D

Coming out of the Seneca State Park launch channel into the canal @ idle a few years ago, almost got tagged by a bass boat coming almost wide open up the canal at day break in the fog. I went hard reverse to avoid the moron luckily. First rule of boating: The boats horsepower should not exceed the owners IQ :D

Hahaha

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

I saw a boat go full speed in through the chanel off waneta all the way to the launch last fall . I went and talked to the man but didn't feel it was my place to tell him how to drive Saw the same boat last weekend out of severne,it may be the same boat if you are refering to the watkins chanel. I wont name name's but it is a charter that I am refering to.

That would be the "King of Waneta". Oh wait... you didn't realize that he owns the whole lake?

LOL.

Rollie, technically the 5 MPH or NO WAKE starts at the bridge. If officer cintrelli us up for it, Im sure he would write a ticket if you did it between the break wall and bridge, but I have followed him out on plane from after the bridge to the lake.. Posted on the bridge coming in is the posted limit.