Dipsy Diver Color

I do like the clear one, but I have done well on the green and the chartrouse (sp) one as well. For that matter my gold and orange ones have not done much for kings deep. I do suspect they would do well up high in the spring for the kings and the steelhead.

Richard

Ray,

An old topic but I’ll put in my two cents. I try to match the lure and or flasher to the dipsy. I not sure if that works better than the clear or black. I have tried both of them and did not seem to be any better. After seeing all the different answers no sure what colors to recommend. All clear is the most economic way to go with alot less to have on board.

Guest ReelDiel

black,purple,clear in that order

this year i switched over to the walker deeper divers...luv em i bought the purples and i always hit the purples up with a lite touch of black spray paint. good luck

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I always run a black one off the starboard and a purple off the port. I like to have the 2 different colors so that they get reset to their proper side of the boat. One of the first things I tell any newbie crewmates is "purple off the port side".

Eric

Black, Black and Black are my three hottest dipsy colors. I want the flasher to be the attractant, not the dipsy. I have pink ones, firetiger, metallic purple, orange....painted them all black!

you have to prep them at all before painting, or just blast them with some black paint?

• 2 weeks later...