Blacks releases

Been using them since 99. Have tried others including scottys. I think they are more forgiving in regards to not havng false releases when thumbing the spool on deployment or on the outside rods in a speeded up turn. The way they are built gives you less mechanical advantage on the release which allows for agressive crank downs and gives the fish more mechanical advantage. My 2 cents. I hate false releases below 100ft and that is when you are really trying to minimize your bow in the line.

The Chamberlain releases have two tension screws....one is a vertical setting that allows you to crank the rod over and the other a horizontal setting. The horizontal release works with magnets and you can set it for very light bites..... take a look at this

Lots of guys love em. I can't stand em myself, never have, never will. I think the Scotty Power Grip Pinch Pad releases are superior in every way imaginable.

Tim

Tim,

Do you twist the line into your Scotty releases or just clip it in?

Jay

Lots of guys love em. I can't stand em myself, never have, never will. I think the Scotty Power Grip Pinch Pad releases are superior in every way imaginable.

Tim

Tim,

Do you twist the line into your Scotty releases or just clip it in?

Jay

Jay, I twist the line and bury the twisted double line in the back of the release. you can load the crap out of the rods and never get a false release, yet shakers are easily detected. Last year I had a rigger down 200+ feet on occasion and it worked great.

Tim

Chamberlain releases by far are the best IMO, they are a blacks release with an adjustable magnet for the line pull going to the bait/lure. You can crank the line to the rod way and I mean WAY down and the line going to the lure as light as .2 /10ths of a pound. No more trolling dinks and not knowing it.