Fishing Report

LongLine

On the water at sunup. Had a scare in that dash light was left on since Wed. :o Luckily she started & charged right up. Anyways - Clear, calm, slight SWS wind. River temp 59F.

LOC5-12-12A.jpg

So off we go, flying blind again. Seemed kind of strange having that big full moon last weekend then seeing this ½ one so high in the sky. Headed out to where we thought we left off the other day & put in.

Had to wait a couple hours before anything happened. Actually what happened was my stacker brought up my bottom line & as I was straightening it out, a small laker (5#) hit the bottom line on the surface. :$ A little while later, did the same again but this time a small steelhd (3#) hit it.

Once is dumb-luck, twice is a pattern, so put an orange crush about 50 ft back of a board. We’d found a temp break of 51-47F on the surface and some lakers were hanging around near the surface on the warm side. Here’s bro’ with one:

LOC5-12-12C.jpg

Interestingly, he had a lamprey attached to his top side. For anyone who doesn’t know, here’s the officially recognized method of releasing lamprey’s:

LOC5-12-12C2.jpg

Soon after, another laker (11#) hits the Crush right on the surface:

LOC5-12-12D1.jpg

This last one had a lamprey scar on it. Interesting that it looked like two of the lakers had clipped adipose fins.

Temp break disappeared & wind came up a little out of the SW. So with sun burnt ears we called it a day a little after 12. No salmon today & nothing huge but with 1 stlhd & 3 Lakers & a boat that started right up…I’m not complaining. It was a fun derby. Sleeping in tomorrow & doing some chores for mama.

Luck to all,

Tom B.

(LongLine)