dumb gun laws in ny

How did the sportsmen of ny let a law get through that dosent let any out of staters buy shotguns or rifles in your state ??? I lived their for years and about twice a year those politicians in albany remind me how ignorant they can be .. think a few more mom and pop shops will dissapear because of this dumb ass law ... and no one seems to know about it but the gun shop ownwers ,, god bless alabama were we are still free to buy guns and protect our property :devil: another dumb ass law to put gun shops out of the empire state

not sure was up three weeks ago getting ready for the trout derby inlaws had a starling problem being one to never give uo on a little fun i went to but a single shot 20 and help them out ,,, gun dealer told us this had to have a inlaw but the gun ..and asked bass pro they confirmed it .. good old california wanna be !!! what will be next cant haul wood cant burn what next for the nanny state oh and need certified bait dang almost forgot that one

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

i believe that is a a rule that is company wide. the federal NICS laws are the same no matter where you buy your gun. more than likely a mom and pop shop could have sold you the gun. the background check is the same. companys dont want to chase you down out of state if your credit card malfunctions or check doesnt clear. the background check and NICS form is federal country wide. none the less, there is enough dumb gun laws here to make me feel like my freedoms are compromised.

• 1 month later...

Dick's has their own set of business rules. Don't know if it's still true but they also wouldn't sell 9mm ammo unless you could show one on your pistol permit (I can) - AFTER it started being used as a rifle/carbine round. They can have their own restrictions as long as they don't violate local, state or federal regs.

• 2 weeks later...

Buy the gun private and you don't have to worry about it. If you buy the rifle from your buddy, your good to go. Buy any weapon from a dealer and they'll check up on you. I bought a rifle in june. The day I went to pay & pick it up, he made one phone call and I was good to go.

• 1 month later...

Well im.surprised at how many sportsman and women are not members of the NRA. Weather or not people agree with everything the NRA stands for they are our only voice. Together we are strong! It is our duty to protect our rights to own guns at any cost. We should not only join but ask others to join the never ending fight for us to keep our firearms. Otherwise oil them up and hand them over when the day comes. Its simple really there are to many of us gun owners for us not to be heard. Together we have a voice.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

• 5 weeks later...

i am an nra member and this is a state law they will sell to bordering states and no one else most other states will sell long guns to non residents as far as dicks and even wall mart goes we were through with them years ago tired of big chains make their own rules as they go //but when mr bidden is done this time around it all may not matter anyway ny is very good at making its own rules and always will be oh and i lived their 31 years but then again in bama i can crry 30 round clips if i wish not limited by the state until uncle joe is done :@:@:devil:

Dick's did pull their ARs and any thing that looked like an AR (ie: air soft and BB guns). I work in the lodge so I know a little of the policy's regarding gun sales and back ground checks. Their decision to pull ARs was a business decision in the sense they are not a "gun store" but a family sporting goods store.

They do in fact have tougher polices thanks state federal and local laws when it comes to gun sales. It would shock you to see the number of convicted felons who try to purchase firearms, when we deny the sale they try to get someone else. I had a pastor come in and try to buy a shotgun for a convicted murder who did 20 years in prison. Countless people come in drunk or smelling of weed. The ATF laws a so strick when it comes to FFL licensing. A wrong date on the application is considered a missing firearm.

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

so i guess from the statement above all should sufer for a few screw the honest person for the few asses...oh and just to be clear i still have a nys pistol permit that is valid but cant but a shotgun even though they can call and check me out ...ohhh and until retirement held a top secret clearence yes ... I can see your point though im an out of stater much worse than an illegal allien ohhh conceled carry permit for bama to sorru i stink at spelling to please forgive me

Gun laws are only to keep the honest people honest. Unfortunately we live in a society of crazy people. You're about lawyers and law suits and comes from the society that will sue big company's because they have a bigger pockets than the nut job who was doing the shooting. Furthermore there are just as crazy nuts we believe there should be no limits on firearms and should be able to own tanks, apache helicopters, or bombs because its their 2nd ammedment right.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a firm believer in gun rights and know not one person was killed without a nut job pulling the trigger.

Dick's has their own set of business rules. Don't know if it's still true but they also wouldn't sell 9mm ammo unless you could show one on your pistol permit (I can) - AFTER it started being used as a rifle/carbine round. They can have their own restrictions as long as they don't violate local, state or federal regs.

This is correct and still Dick's policy, to buy pistol ammo you must have a permit. However if you have a long gun that shoots the 9mm or 45-70, or 45-410 we will sell that ammo if you tell us that's what it's for. If you say it's for a pistol you will be required to show it.

It's a policy in attempt to prevent illegal gun owners buying the ammo.

You know, personally I'm bothered by the private policies but it's probably stopped at least some idiots from getting ammo, at least temporarily.

There used to be an open public range/gun shop south of here and the range master would occasionally spot-check pistol permits. He's braver than I am - you'd see guys bolt out of there ahead of the check, dropping gear on the way. I miss Creekside - even took my grandfather there. He served in WWII and got a huge kick out of the vintage military long guns.

• 3 weeks later...