Sorry for the late report...got home @ 9pm last night after leaving the house at 3 am in the morning. It was a long day.

We launched out of Olcott @ 5 am and tested the inside waters (70-90 fow) for an hour. One teenage king later, we pulled the four rigger/two wire spread and headed past Wilson to 280 fow. The next three hours were pandemonium, and we lost count @ 10-for-15. Green/silver Spin Docs running Fox Flies, 42 Second and Gator Spoons (all Mags) fished from 150-200 out on the wire and from 50-120 on the riggers. The deep rigger accounted for our biggest fish of the day, which was 24.8, but we had three others over 20 and another four in the 17-19 lb range. It was an entirely king bite, with the remainder of the fish in the low teens. As a friend had mentioned to us from the day prior, we found that a faster troll, ~2.75 mph, triggered the best action (thanks, Scott!). After 9:30 am, the action slowed to a crawl and from noon onward it was non-existent. That's three days of derby fishing out West where we've failed to figure out how to trigger a daytime bite. If anyone has advice, I'd love to hear it...feel free to pm me.

I slept well last nite...

We launched at Wilson on 5/12, but didn't get out till about 9:30 because of prop problems. Only went 4 for 6 till 5:00 pm and no size. Tried deep water 200-300 today and kept the bite going through the afternoon. Multiple doubles and a quad. 45' - 65' was the ticket. Jim Piano gave me a custom made spoon that was killer on 300 copper.