oneida lake.5-12-13-2012

johnnywalleye

did multiple limits this weekend all fish caught under 18fow,saturday i was solo and had 3in the boat by 730am..sunday 3 guys in my fishing partners boat 9 eyes by 730am..all jiggin on a black jig...ill i can say is wow..no ice fishing left alot of eyes in the lake....or im gettin really lucky....and so long 4 now;john

the walleys are all over the place. there still up chittenango creek all the way out to shackelton shoals. many fish to be had between threemile bay and pine grove as well. a buddy who was catching his limit of walley out east driftin the beach sunday morning caught a heavey limit and reported a sturgeon rolling on the surface. one of the best openers ive had in about 8 years and the fish keep biting. ive been catching them lazy mans style and running two lead core's off the back with R&R crawler harness blades in brown and orange or blue and pearl or purple and pearl. those giant slab sunnies are biting west of threemile and the heathen slime darts are plentifull this year. its a good time to fish onieda for walleyes.