Canadaigua North End Launch?

Still closed!!!! :no::no::no::no::no::no::no: I heard 1st weekend in June but it still looks like there is a lot of work to do. We had a mild winter and descent spring weather so I don't know what excuse their going to use next. Sutters Marine will launch your boat for $20 or you can drive to Woodville. I really don't know what was wrong with the old launch. It seemed pretty good compared to most.

Jay

The word is that they are being held up by the company making the docks. The construction guys said they are trying to have half of them in by the derby so guys can launch for the derby. They are getting a lot of heat from the city, mayor and everybody else to have it open for the first week in June. I still think it was wasted money!

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Thanks again for the info, guys

I have ta agree that I didn't think there was much wrong with the launch. I am not suprised that people are putting heat on them to finish the job.

20 bucks to launch a boat? Please tell me that is a typo! :o

Mark

Went by the other day and pulled in while the gate was open. I had to get a look at this "project" that has been quite inconvenient for alot of people. The lawn on both sides of the launches were torn up, some piles of dirt and stone was around the launch area and I was surprised to see some floating docks near the new concrete ramps. Wish I took a picture but I didn't with the workers standing right there. I would think they should be able to finish it quite soon based on what I saw. Who knows? I would have to say the wooden docks were good...and rock solid. Seems like more work with floating docks if that's what they are replacing the older ones with. Aren't they gonna have to take floaters out at the end of the year and put them back in for spring?