Big Jon double keels

To all who know

Can someone explain how this double keel system works, where to get one, how to modify the existing boards etc... I have two otter boats and they are so-so. I would like them to keep the line tighter so the releases slide out better. Currently they get a slight bow in them and the releases take some time to get to the ends. I have seen them mentioned several times but I look around the net and see no second keels for sale and big jon does not list them on their website. If someone can help a fellow troller out I would be in your debt...

I got mine at Fat Nancy's or you can call Big jon and order them. All you have to do is drill one extra hole fo the other keel. The pull very hard once the keel is added.

Gambler, thanks for the info....If anyone out there has a pic or two for the keel placement or any other pointers, places to get as Pulaski is about 4 hours from my house in PA that would be good too. I will try Big Jon directly and see what they have. Thanks...

I just called big Jon and ordered some 2 weeks ago. Detailed instructions came in the box. If you bolted on the extra keel with both existing holes, the keels wouldn't be parallel. So you use one existing hole...move the half keel parallel and drill another hole. Then drill 2 more holes for the tow line (with a smaller bit) 1 or 3/4 inch below the existing holes.

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png