Hello there, I am from South Dakota.

Name: John Kelley
Home Port:Madison, SD
Boat Name/Type: 20' Tracker Tundra
I fish for:Salmon, Trout, Walleye, Perch, Northern Pike, Muskellunge

==================

(your welcome message to LOU - anything else you want to say to the community goes here).
Hello there, I am from South Dakota, and am out here working for the next year and a half os so, so I brought my boat with me. I just fished Lake Ontario for the first time last weekend by myself, out of Oak Orchard Creek, and stayed at Captain's Cove. I caught a bunch of salmon but nothing huge. I headed west like the rest of the boats both days, and was trolling in about 125' to 150' with most of the fish coming on the downriggers at 50' and 60'. I was pulling flashers and flies on and flashers with Pro King spoons both days. I caught 6 Cohos saturday from 5-8 pounds, and caught 6 Kings and one Coho Sunday morning. I caught all of my fish but one on a glowing white Pro King spoon, with a green stripe down ther middle on Sunday. I caught the one Coho on a green salmon fly with the E-chip in it. My flashers have the E-chip in them as well. My productive speeds were from 2.5-3.2MPH. I was accidentally going to slow Sunday Morning on that glassy water for about 45 minutes, wondering why I was not getting any bites, when I happened to glance at the Lowrance, and noticed I was only going 1.8 MPH. I sped up the motor and immediately hooked my first, and biggest King, @ 11 pounds. Shortly thereafter, I had boated 6 more fish, very exciting morning!! Had one hit and miss on the Dipsy diver. I plan to fish the big lake tons this summer, and look forward to catching some bigger fish. Look forward to meeting some of you on the lake. I have a white Tracker Tundra with a 200 horse Optimax and 9.9 Merc kicker on the back, with SD licensing. Thanks
First_3_Kings_of_the_day.jpg

Edited by John Kelley

• 2 weeks later...