ams run 68 72 ....pros run 10 U can monitor best not to call them as most times they don't answer unless they know you or its an emergency..they get too many disturbances the way it is..I expect Thrus may be a slow radio day anyway good luck..I hear they have been doing well from the plant to the bar..guess lil west of Wilson may be a better shot

I hear they have been doing well from the plant to the bar..guess lil west of Wilson may be a better shot

I hear the bar is slow, and is loaded with weeds. Most charters have been fishing North of Wilson and to the East. Every day changes, so that could mean nothing by Thursday.

i know most people use cell phone now but i was just curious to the channels they use up there. i dont mind sharing info but my bills arent paid by fishing, the captains are. i like to find my own fish and stay away from other boats, but a tip now and then is nice. if someone is coming up this weekend give me a call, ill probably be scanning the channels or pm me for my cell #. i have a 221 islander with a gray top and a volvo i/o {not very common}.

Hey Chris,

Keeping in mind that things change daily, having just fished a few days during the WHI I'd maybe poke around the bar a little, but the numbers have definitely been from Wilson east. We fished deep off the bar (270-330) for the WHI and managed a 12th place box but I'd be lying if I said we didn't have to work our ass off for it. Most teams fished east of Wilson and did way more numbers than us, but we choose the deep water off the bar banking on much lower boat pressure. The fish were pretty scarce out deeper off the bar, but when we found some they seemed to be a good class.

Now that the WHI and Loc have passed, a lot of the boats will be gone and you should be able to tear it up from Wilson to the Plant. Have a great time and post some reports!

Agree. The area from wilson to olcott was best for us. We started in 60 fow water every morning and worked north until we found a good pod of active fish. Didn't have to go much more than 300 FOW. If you hit a couple in a row while searching than do circles and the rods should keep firing. The fish seemed to be group by age class right now with groups of <10LBS, <18LBS, and 18+ lbs. If you find that all your catching is a certain size then keep looking for pods of bigger fish. We had a period of two hours when all we hooked were fish between 20 and 25lbs and lost some bigger fish that it makes me sick to think how how big they could have been. Best bite was 50-80 ft down on anything green. Green/white/glow in the morning or overcast and green/silver mid morning until late afternoon and in the sun worked best for us. I might add that I have glow on almost every spoon I own.

Good Luck!