Heading West

Looks like I will be heading way west...to San Francisco. The wife has been working there for the past 9 months traveling back and forth why I've stayed here with the kids. I guess she wants to work there (for PG&E) full time so it looks like I'll be getting close and personal with some west coast Salmon later this year :yes: I plan to split my time living between the east coast and west coast starting In Aug, but I'll have most of July to fish lake Ontario yet so I'm gonna fish some July tournaments with My son Justin and I plan to make sure I'm back during the fall LOC.

So....anyone have tips for me for fishing the bay area? I am taking my 16 footer out there so I will have a way to get out on the water. I'll jump on a charter or two when I go out In Aug....maybe I'll even learn a few west coast tricks?

They say change is good, I guess I'll just have to see about that.

Look up Stan, the Cali man, he is only a couple hours north of there. He should be able to hook you up in Lake Shasta. Better to get on the Pacific though cause I think Shasta has baby salmon :thinking:.Rod...you sure you wanna join the land of fruits and nuts? :lol: Hope it works for you guys, big change, should be exciting.

Mark

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Rod...you sure you wanna join the land of fruits and nuts?

I know, right? I think if I want to continue being married I'm just gonna have to work it out cause it's what she wants to do 8) Let me put it this way though....I'm not selling my house, I'm not closing my business, I'm not getting rid of the lake boat and I plan on racking up the frequent flyer miles.... ;) The last 9 months have been really nuts already...it's just gonna be me going back and forth now instead of her.

Rod

You have my number, this is what we will be fishing out of. We can sign up for the Shasta Lake 2 day Trout derby in Oct. The Sacramento River will be on fire with Ocean Run Kings heading up river to spawn. It's a whole different fishery than your use to out here.

Then there is my trips up to Oregon for 20Lb plus lakers and 10Lb plus browns. Coffee is always on

345mo3o.jpg

Rod

If your dragging a boat all the way out here, be sure to make sure there is no water in your bilge pump, engine, live wells or any place the will hold a drop of water when coming in to the state . They will look under your trailer for zebra and other mussels.

Yeah, what Stan said.....the good old California ag inspectors at the state line....."Hey driver....ya got any fruit flies buzzin around in there with ya? :lol:....gypsy moth and stuff like that?

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Thanks for the heads up on the "inspection" Stan & Skipper....I woulda never figured on that.

Best of luck Rod see ya next time up.

Thanks Jon...Justin and I will be up in late June and about all of July before I take him out early Aug....maybe your house will be done by then? :lol:

The saga continues :@ Just as I have finally agreed to toss out my anchor in San Francisco, I find out the schools blow where we were planning on staying, which is a deal breaker. Where the schools are good, we cannot afford to stay. San Francisco is the highest rental district in the USA. Anywhere we can afford to stay seems to be out of the question for various reasons or too far from where Jen is working.

So we'll have to see, but the way it's starting to look, you may not be getting rid of me after all 8) I need a drink :beer:

Rod

Couple of things you should know about living in Bay area.

You need to learn how to be a tree huger there are proper ways of doing this.

You will have to learn how to give your money to those who don't want to work

Medical pot is ok, just be sure to get a card from the state

You will have to learn how to drive in the left lane at all times

you will have to learn how to Kokanee fish, no copper line, no divers, no rods with over 6 LB line

Your kids will be required to speak Spanish with in a year, but you just get to push #2 on the phone

man your going to love the bay area :lol::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Thanks Stan....just the kinda stuff I need to hear :lol: I don't know how well I'm gonna fit in out there Stan, but at least it's only part time for me 8) The wife has been out there 9 mos. already, so she's already converted and my daughter heads out with her in June. Justin and me still have some unfinished business on lake Ontario to take care of this summer before we go out in August 8) I'm actually starting to look forward to it....but only cause I get to go back and forth each month. I should get out there just as the salmon season gets going outside the Golden Gate so guess what I'll be doing Stan ;)