RUFF RIDER Live Reports from Wilson 5/19-5/27

Thanks for takin me fishin, and letting me pick a lure Nick. As close as it can get while I'm gone :yes:

Mark

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

No problem! Jump on board tomorrow same place same time!

Goodies!

2012-05-22_14-44-37_522.jpg

Also picked one of these for Theresa as she doesnt like how the rod pokes her and leaves black marks all the time. I'll let everyone how they work once we remember how to catch fish :)

2012-05-22_14-45-18_279.jpg

4.99 for a......NK 42 SECOND SPOON!....what a deal!..the fish God is pleased. :bow:

Also picked one of these for Theresa as she doesnt like how the rod pokes her and leaves black marks all the time. I'll let everyone how they work once we remember how to catch fish....

Hmmmm....chastity belt....love God maybe not so pleased...:angel:

Might want to try shallower. I was out this past thurs and sun. Went just east out of Olcott. Was seeing the same as you on the graph, nothing. Got a couple fish heading out deeper, cohos or small kings. It wasn't until I moved into relatively shallow water that part of the screen lit up. From about 70-100 fow, picked up a ton of huge hooks sitting right on the bottom. Had a bunch of releases with nobody home but every fish that made it to the boat was a mature king. Had wire divers on a 3 setting w/ SD fly combos out 240 getting most the action. Riggers down 60-70 with free sliders. Never got any lakers. Seems like those were all mature kings hanging out on the bottom. Not sure if things have changed since. Good luck out there.

Might want to try shallower. I was out this past thurs and sun. Went just east out of Olcott. Was seeing the same as you on the graph, nothing. Got a couple fish heading out deeper, cohos or small kings. It wasn't until I moved into relatively shallow water that part of the screen lit up. From about 70-100 fow, picked up a ton of huge hooks sitting right on the bottom. Had a bunch of releases with nobody home but every fish that made it to the boat was a mature king. Had wire divers on a 3 setting w/ SD fly combos out 240 getting most the action. Riggers down 60-70 with free sliders. Never got any lakers. Seems like those were all mature kings hanging out on the bottom. Not sure if things have changed since. Good luck out there.

Thanks chinook maybe ill give it a try tomorrow!

This afternoon we went on our favorite hike, devil's hole. It's a hike down the niagara valley to the niagara river. Btw forget niagara falls, the niagara river is much more beautiful. It's an awesome emerald color and moves at an astonishing pace. There are stone stairs all the way down the valley making the trail accessible to most people. The climb up is tough though! I brought my laptop down so I could dial into a meeting and it felt like 100lbs by the top (must be the laptop and not me being totally out of shape). Theresa has been doing her Insanity workout so she could gave probably ran up the entire thing without stopping... Anyways here are some pics...

2012-05-22_15-33-11_138.jpg

2012-05-22_15-47-07_527.jpg

2012-05-22_16-06-06_429.jpg

2012-05-22_16-06-18_229.jpg

2012-05-22_16-06-24_288.jpg

2012-05-22_16-23-13_575.jpg

2012-05-22_16-38-43_988.jpg

2012-05-22_16-56-45_249.jpg

Yee Haw. go get um . I camped on the Canadian side once and hiked an unmarked fisherman's trail down to the whirl pool I believe. Those jet boats would come up in there and play. I dumped my boat in the river. Wow what magnificent force. Many times the prop would cavitate and you would loose steering because of the caldrin like currents going on and your right. People who go visit the falls and don't explore the trails below miss out.

Nice coho free sliding blue on 70 rigger. Copper had a small guy on 300', dropped him, another small guy hit while putting it out. How do you guys fight fish on copper? I leave the drag a bit loose, then cinch it down and horse them in... Should I start with tight drag? Leave drag loose until they tire?

2012-05-23_08-07-33_98.jpg