Seneca 5-19-12 w pics

Started out of Watkins and setup just out of the canal headed up the east side... Ran coppers, cores, riggers and dipsys .. Spoon bite was the best this morning pulling alot of 1 to 2 pound salmon to the boat on small warrior and stinger spoons.. Had my son with me and he was having a blast reeling in all the little salmon .. We ran farther north and the copper fires and I hand the rod to him and he lands about a 4 pound brown.... Slowed down around 10 am ... Gonna enjoy this beautiful day and get back at them in the Morn...

Mike

2012_05_19_07_25_20_279.jpg

2012_05_19_08_41_36_265.jpg

Started off on the south end of seneca at about 6am and headed to the west side. I couldnt keep the fish off of the yellow and orange spoon I had in the tackle box... Started in close to shore in 40 to 50 ft of water and I was marking fish like crazy! That is the most fish I've seen on the graph since I bought my boat. I started with my riggers at 15 and 25 feet with the spin docs and atomic flies. Once I set them in the water I set the jug rig down with a few spoons and sent her way back behind the boat. As soon as I set that in the water it kept me pretty busy. I boated a 4lb laker, four small landlocks and a 4lb brown that im gonna throw on the grill tn. The biggest one of the day was probably a 6lb landlock down 20 foot on the jug rig.Oh and by the way that was cuttin from east to the west in about 70 feet. Unfortunately I got her right next to the boat, got the net and she went airborn and shook the hook! I was by myself but if I woulda hat a net man I probably would have been alright. Thats fishing I guess you cant catch em all. The good part was another one was on the bottom spoon at about 50 ft. Not much size to that one. Blue and silver and the yellow and orange seemed to be the colors for me today, all of which were on the smaller side. Thanks for the advice earlier in the week guys, I did a little experimenting and played with a few different things. Overall it was a pretty good day for me and hopefully next time will be the same. Keep the pointers coming I am definitely eager and anxious to try some new things. P.S: If anyone ever needs a fishing partner I would be happy to go out or even have a couple people come out on my boat. Would love to see in person some of the tricks of the trade.

jug rig is a pia but fun to run in a derby.....put yer sethgreen rig down fasten jug ,fender,or good float then ya can let that rig run 150 to 200 ft behind boatwhile still running riggers and other stuff ,,,,,eveery 2 or 3 hrs ya haul it in to see whats there ,,,unless something big has it bobbin.....real old school stuff not used much these days with all the new stuff ,wire dypsys,riggers,

Gotta love the old school! I usually set my drag pretty loose so if something hits it you can real it in and usually find a nice suprise. The only thing with that is you have a weight and a floatation device so it not as fun as getting a fish on a rigger or dipsy. I just started using it and have been making out pretty good.

jug rig is a pia but fun to run in a derby.....put yer sethgreen rig down fasten jug ,fender,or good float then ya can let that rig run 150 to 200 ft behind boatwhile still running riggers and other stuff ,,,,,eveery 2 or 3 hrs ya haul it in to see whats there ,,,unless something big has it bobbin.....real old school stuff not used much these days with all the new stuff ,wire dypsys,riggers,

One guy I knew used to use a duck decoy for his jug. :lol:

Thanks Rabbit.... It was my sons 13th birthday also.. Great job out there keep it up... I use to run a jug rig also bit with todays in line planers its like running 10 jug rigs at one time .. So much better.. I had a laker pull my 2 liter orange painted pepsi bottle under the water one year right next to the barge on Seneca .. It was pretty cool.. The fish weighed just under 16lbs....

Mike