Total Boated:

Species Breakdown:

Hot Lure:

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed:

Boat Depth:

Lure Depth:

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILSI . My wife and I made a run to visit my brother on Cape Cod. We found a great Black Sea Bass bite on plastics and jigs. We've limited out each morning and today caught our four person limit of 40 fish by 8:00. They are running 2.5-4 lbs. and are delicious eating fish. We have 100 packaged for the freezers.Plan to hit them agasin in the morning. I love it when you go to a differentregion and actually kick the natives butt.

====================

P1050244.jpg

Son is headed there as we type for an internship at a golf course , do you need a boat to catch these guys ? Any opportunities for shore fishing for other fish ? He is staying in Chatham , and would very much like to try some fishing while he is there! Thanks for any tips ,or spots he could check out !!

Sea bass are bottom fish and a boat is generally required. Great opprotunity fishing for Stripers and bluefish are possible from the shore or wading on many areas on the Cape. The Cape Cod Canal is alos a good accessi point. You might want to check out "On The Water Outdoors" on the web.

After hitting the sea bass hard on jigs and plastic for three mornings I decided to try a different technique. I used a 2 oz. jigging spoon and absolutely slayed them. We ended up with 130 fish in the freezer for our four day effort and limited out each day. Today we were keeping the larger males and they likely averaged 3lbs. or more each. I'm packed up and we're headed home in the morning with a cooler full of delicious fillets.