Total Hits: 1

Total Boated:1

Species Breakdown:laker

Hot Lure:

Trolling Speed: 1.9 2.4

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 120 150

Lure Depth: 70 130

i heard there might b some salmon in the 100 to 150 range but didnt catch any i saw alot of fish on the finder about 120 down n kept the flies n spoons there just couldnt get them to take it seemed like everything was workin good was i doin somethin wrong or did the fishin get slow any advise will b greatly appreciated

SLOW day for most. I did 1 laker and 2 steel before noon. First skunkage on salmon for me this year. We fished 100-300+. Riggers, wire, copper...spoons, sticks, echips, spin doctors. Threw the kitchen sink at them!

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

I think with everything ahead of schedule like it is, we are already seeing the start of the transition period between the spring the lake setting up for the summer fishing that normally occurs in mid June

Tim

Very slow for us also this weekend. Mostly laker activity. We were spoiled the past month and half with phenomenal silver fishing. I agree w TB. Early transition time as lake O is starting to set up in temps. They'll be back.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

i was wonderin i saw some boats out there in the 130 ft range using the otter boats how would u use them in that deep of water to get the lures down im just tryin to learn new things to maybe try also i was using my cannon speed n temp sensor i no its the older one but it was workin when i put it in the water n when i would drop it down to find the temp it would just turn off on me any input on that sorry 4 the questions

i was wonderin i saw some boats out there in the 130 ft range using the otter boats how would u use them in that deep of water to get the lures down im just tryin to learn new things to maybe try also i was using my cannon speed n temp sensor i no its the older one but it was workin when i put it in the water n when i would drop it down to find the temp it would just turn off on me any input on that sorry 4 the questions

Copper or lead core off the big boards - need the double-keel ones to handle it. I sometimes will run deep diver sticks with 6-8 oz snap-on weights about 50' ahead of the leader.

"i was using my cannon speed n temp sensor i no its the older one but it was workin when i put it in the water n when i would drop it down to find the temp it would just turn off on me any input on that sorry 4 the questions"

Try putting a damp towell over your antenna, actually works sometimes. Also check your rigger cable for any spots where the insulation is stripped off and make sure you have a good connection at the probe.

Welcome back to reality lol...I am out of Fair Haven and the whole area was pretty much mud chicken (laker) heaven. Some in my area did get some salmon, mid size. But few and far between as compared to two weeks ago. The lake conditions are awesome....maybe a little too awesome..

i run boards alot on my charters mainly for steelheads have sum orange spoons out but the way its been latly just running two down riggers with cow bells dropp to the bottom then bring it up 3 feet troll as slow as possible and when you mark fish pop it in neutral for a few seconds then in forward ;)

"i was using my cannon speed n temp sensor i no its the older one but it was workin when i put it in the water n when i would drop it down to find the temp it would just turn off on me any input on that sorry 4 the questions"

Try putting a damp towell over your antenna, actually works sometimes. Also check your rigger cable for any spots where the insulation is stripped off and make sure you have a good connection at the probe.

yup...wet towel works...until you get a new cable. ;)

more likely the problem is with the antenna than the cable

i would just like to thank all of u even tho it was slow i still felt alot more comforatable trolling with 4 rods in the past n something always seemed like it went wrong but by finding this site n readin alot of your stuff n keepin up with ur posts it went smooth so thanks everybody do u need that coated cable 4 the sensor i thought i read u needed it if it was gonna b down over say 100 ft could that b the problem