Adirondack Salmon Chowder

muskybob

de·lec·ta·ble   [dih-lek-tuh-buhl]

adjective

1.delightful; highly pleasing; enjoyable: a delectable witticism.

2.delicious: a delectable dinner of Musky Bob's Adirondack Salmon Chowder.

LOL, good one, thanks.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Thanks a lot, Mark!!  It's been about four months since I made a batch.  I'll be heading to the store this morning with grocery list in hand for the ingredients.  But I'm going to substitute 4 cans of diced clams for the salmon.  It makes the best clam chowder i've ever had!

Jim

• 1 month later...

I just add the cubed salmon to the end of the Sautee of Bacon veggies and potatoes done in a large skillet. Cover and simmer for a bit and then add the skillet to a large stock pot and add the milk and cheeses, let it heat through and stir on low heat. The fish cooks the rest of the way in the pot if not done in the skillet.

Not sure what Bob recommends, but it works for me. I also spice up a little heavier cause I like old bay and it gives a bit of bite I like.

Mark

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Mark, I fry up all the necessary ingredients right in the stock pot.  Takes up less room on the stove & saves me an extra pan I don't have to wash. ;)

Mortigan, It's always nice to hear compliments. Thanks for becoming a believer. :D

I'm gonna have to hit both East end ProAms to see if I can get some salmon nobody wants. My freezer is 'bout empty. I miss my Islander  ;(

I'll have to remember that Bob! Cher complains the dish washer is full and then she fills it twice...pots pans, spoons , mixing bowls... Counter covered in zip lock bags, wrappers, sink smells like a bait bucket..huh? ...oh well!

• 1 month later...

I just wanna say thank you for the recipe.We didn't have Salmon,but i used haddock,dry scallops,and little neck clams and it was the best chowder i've ever had.My gf doesn't like fish and she loved it as well..Can't wait for the cookbook.Thanks again!