Adirondack Salmon Chowder

muskybob

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Well, this recipe doesn't get old. Since introducing this chowder to my hunting pals, it's become the "expected" dish for opening day. Making it tonight - hope there's enough left for them come Saturday....

Shawn

Since Musky Bob introduced this recipe back in 2007, I've been making it at least four times a year.

I use salmon once in a while, but most of my requests are for 'clam' chowder.  Just substitute six cans of minced clams for the fish and you have the best clam chowder you've ever eaten!!

I've passed the recipe on to at least a dozen friends, relatives and friend of relatives. I haven't found anyone who doesn't love it!

Thanks again Bob!

Jim

• 1 year later...

well bob,the salmon chowder was a hit!!!had about ten people over for football and nascar yesterday and everyone loved it.very thick and hearty soup.like one fish said,im gona try it next time with clams.thanks again

well bob,the salmon chowder was a hit!!!had about ten people over for football and nascar yesterday and everyone loved it.very thick and hearty soup.like one fish said,im gona try it next time with clams.thanks again

Thanks, glad they enjoyed it. :yes:

Hey Musky many thanks for the recipe. I just now used it as the base recipe and then added seafood stock instead of chicken broth. perch, salmon, clams, shrimp, and a little cumin to it and man is that stuff addictive.  You really conjured up a real winner!

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Cher is in the Tops store picking up some ingredients right now. Got two fillets of king in the fridge left from the pack I did on the grill a couple nights ago. They are going in along with shrimp, mussels, scallops. Gonna spice her up a bit for a gumbo effect!..I feel a bit warmer now!

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
11 hours ago, wishinfishin said:

Just made it with walleye I just caught on the st Lawrence a couple weeks ago.

Not real happy.... dont get me wrong it was outstanding.....but everybody ate it

and now its gone.

Thanks again Bob.

Walleye for that recipe would be super sweet, almost like candy, my wife is allergic to seafood and I made her walleye with garlic n butter this year said she couldn't eat it because it reminded her of scallops.  Go figure.. she likes trout/salmon better.. She does love this recipe for the chowder though but if it had walleye in it, no way!

I was just remarking about going to the grocery store and getting the ingredients for this just yesterday. This morning I awoke to find locks on all the pot and pan closets. Evidently Cher, my lovely domestic partner, was reminded of the mess I made, and every pot and pan filling the dishwasher....twice.
I will remind her of how she absolutely loved the creation of Adirondack Salmon Chowder...I'll win!
Bob, are you down there in your speedo with Omganothershortfatbaldone doing selfies? Send pics!...hope you are well and get some time to fish a little.

cent frum my notso smartphone

• 1 year later...