Adirondack Salmon Chowder

muskybob

Mamma fixed up a big pot yesterday. That is probably the best fish chowder I've had. I was back for seconds, and no chest pain after two bowls! Maybe 3 bowls the next time. Can anyone say total cholesterol >300?

Not to worry, the pcb's in the salmon destroys all the cholesterol. :P:P:P

Musky Bob I wouldn't be surprised if we see you with Rachel Ray on her next show with the pace you are running. :lol::lol::o That is a great recipe for chowder though. Unlike what Ray said use some wine instead of beer for some of the liquid. Leave the beer for Ray- Mick

Musky Bob I wouldn't be surprised if we see you with Rachel Ray on her next show with the pace you are running. :lol::lol::o That is a great recipe for chowder though. Unlike what Ray said use some wine instead of beer for some of the liquid. Leave the beer for Ray- Mick

She's my hero. :$:lol:

Glad you enjoyed it too. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Wow....I made it tonight and it was absolutely fantastic!! I didn't change a thing.....It would be really hard to improve on this recipe Bob. Thanks for sharing. I'll be making this on a regular basis. ;)

Well, I guess the secret's out. :lol: Lots of good replies so it must be a keeper.

M-B,....I too have made tried this and yes,.....two thumbs up. ;)

After reading the ingredients I thought it looked more like a heart attack in a bowl :shock:,....but to many guys posted positive so I made it.

I would say if ya want to impress someone with your cooking abilities just wip this on them and claim credit for it...... :roll: ...did I just say that?? Sorry :$ . Anyway, after your guests take a few mouthfuls you can give Musky the credit but they probably won't hear you through all the slurping :lol: .

Hahahahahaha Good one stinger. I take as much enjoyment out of reading the comments here as I do making and serving it to my guests. Thank you all for the kind remarks. I'm glad you enjoy it. I posted it on another site and one of the fellas is making it as a fund raiser for his local church dinner tomorrow. I never thought it would be such a hit with everyone. I wonder if guys will be giving away their salmon this year. I'll take all I can get. :)

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Muskybob-

Spent the afternoon making a batch of chowder with Atlantic Salmon(Unfortunately store bought-Wegmans) Came out absolutely AWESOME!!! Making more this weekend for my father-in-law and the work force. Keep those (SECRET) recipes coming! :P

Thanks-Glenn

Made a batch for some "newbies" to it a gathering last night and let me say that; there were a lot of left overs and not much chowder left! :o

Thanks again Bob!

Shawn

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Muskybob,

I finally got around to making a batch of your chowder yesterday. It was FANTASTIC!!

My wife said that she would order it in a resteraunt if it was on the menu. My daughter and grandaughter, who don't like fish, each had two bowls! I, of course, had too many bowls!

I was thinging of bringing some over to Hank today, but it's all gone!! Sorry Hank, maybe next time.

I know you can't improve on perfection, but have you ever tried to vary the recipe for say a shrimp or crawdad chowder?

Jim

Muskybob,

I finally got around to making a batch of your chowder yesterday. It was FANTASTIC!!

My wife said that she would order it in a resteraunt if it was on the menu. My daughter and grandaughter, who don't like fish, each had two bowls! I, of course, had too many bowls!

I was thinging of bringing some over to Hank today, but it's all gone!! Sorry Hank, maybe next time.

I know you can't improve on perfection, but have you ever tried to vary the recipe for say a shrimp or crawdad chowder?

Jim

Glad to hear ya liked it Jim.

Yes, I have done it with shrimp, scallops, oysters, & clams. It can be adapted to all kinds of seafood, also combinations & it comes out just as good,

Hmmm, now ya got me thinkin, I haven't made this in a while, maybe this weekend. ;)