Adirondack Salmon Chowder

muskybob

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

In Cape Cod with the fam on our summer vaca.... Had a rain day earlier this week. I decided to make chowder. Substituted Fresh local Cod and fresh clams. Also used fresh clam broth and couple other little substitutions.... The chowder was an instant hit! Kept the broods' spirits high for an entire rain day. Great recipe. Thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...
On 12/3/2015 at 6:39 PM, skipper19 said:

Cher is in the Tops store picking up some ingredients right now. Got two fillets of king in the fridge left from the pack I did on the grill a couple nights ago. They are going in along with shrimp, mussels, scallops. Gonna spice her up a bit for a gumbo effect!..I feel a bit warmer now!

I'm going to miss your wonderful comments on this thread Mark.  You were my biggest supporter.  I hope you took the recipe with you for the good folks on the other side. LOL  Rest In Peace Mark, we're all gonna miss you here.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is an absolutely great recipe. Not to spoil the chef’s recipe, but for thicker base try light cream instead of milk and don’t be afraid to experiment adding scallops, clams, shrimp etc. Thank you Bob for many wonderful pots of chowder!

13 minutes ago, Glenn -Brazee said:

This is an absolutely great recipe. Not to spoil the chef’s recipe, but for thicker base try light cream instead of milk and don’t be afraid to experiment adding scallops, clams, shrimp etc. Thank you Bob for many wonderful pots of chowder!

I totally agree. It's an excellent base to start with.  As long as ya don't call it "soup".  LOL