Hot Lure: northern king watermelon / williams wabler wrinkle gold/silver

Trolling Speed: 2.9mph

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 80-100 feet

Lure Depth: 25 feet

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

very first time on lake ontario and using luhr jensen size 0 dipsies i set out to about 25 feet depth in 80-100 feet of water, used a williams wabler and NK watermelon spoon. first fish hit at about 3pm and i underestimated the power of these fish (steelhead) i was using 15 pount big game mono with stren 17 pound fluoro leader. fish hit and hit HARD made a big jump out the water and was at least 15 pounds and snap!!! lost my lure with it :(

second fish was caught using the wabler at approx 5pm same diver and rod, i had the diver set to about 35 feet and was reeling it in to try a depth of 20 feet and while reeling in the drag just starts screaming!!! this made a big jump out the water as well and once again SNAP!!! took my second spoon!! stayed out till 830 and headed in.

things learned::

need more spoons, stronger line/leaders, and not to underestimate the power of these fish. im used to catching bass and small pike and not even pulling drag on 8 pound line, im used to only saltwater fish pulling this hard. first fish was PEELING line like no tomorrow on 15 pound until she finally snapped the 17lb fluoro

did it ever! after those 2 fish and being out in such a big lake makes me feel more connected to fishing here in ontario now as i was always and still am a die hard saltwater fishing guy more so down in florida