Big party on Lake O.

Just saw this posted on CL... FYI - may cause a crimp in your fishing plans. Unless salmonoids like the Goo Goo Dolls and/or you do.

This Sat. at noon I am sponsoring a rafting party west of the Irondequoit Bay outlet. There will be FREE drinks and I have hired Buffalo's own GOO GOO DOLLS to perform on the deck of my yacht. There will be movie crews there to film the event. Make sure sure you have a designated driver and all neccesary safety items on your boat. I will be directing the film crews on the making of this movie. I am out to prove you cannot own Lake Ontario or any of the Great Lakes no matter how big of a cry baby you are. Please help make this a safe and fun event.

http://rochester.craigslist.org/boa/3030528124.html

How can the town have an ordinence if they do not own the water? This is like the Town of Greece changing the parking along the ponds to keep icefishermen from running their gas augers too early in the am. Complete BS.

The news article mentioned "State navigation law says the town has the right to regulate vessels within 1,500 feet of the shore."

At least they got rid of the exemption that would have allowed the residents and their friends to continue the floating party while excluding the rest of the world.

If you're not familiar with the area, it's a little strip of waterfront cottages between the I-Bay Outlet and Sea Breeze amusement park. On a bad day (good day, depending on the side you're on), it can look something like this:

Boats_Goats.jpg

I agree... at least it worked against the residents to be able to do the same... I know that the anchored jet skis and boats will be disallowed but I also hope that the residents that have jet ski hoists and blow up rafts anchored will need to remove them along that stretch... I assume that Durand is fair game now except in the designated swimming area, so the party will just move...

What happens when the lake level changes and moves the shoreline while there out there? Nice that the cg will have to patrol this town passes a law and another agency has to use funds to enforce? Thaats how you trim a budget wonder who gets the fines

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I would think that the Monroe County Sheriffs Dept. can also enforce. They have a high level of presence around Ibay, and are not afraid to write tickets.