LOOKING BACK RECORD MAKO

FATHERS DAY , June 14 , 1987 . My son and I , My brother and his son , a good friend and his son , Fished the Mako Mania tournament out of Point Pleasant , N.J. on my 36 ' boat PURSUADER . We had fished this Tournament for many years. All the stars must of been shinning on us that day . We won first place with this 698 lb. Mako Shark and broke the state record for New Jersey . This was my catch of a lifetime . There is a lot more to this story for another time .

Tight Lines

Len :D:yes:

Top_3.jpg

Top_5.jpg

Top_32.jpg

State record - impressive shark.

I always forget they're up here too. I spent a lot of time fishing in Florida as a kid and always sort of think of it as a southern thing.

We caught that Mako in the Chicken Canyon, 52 miles off shore , out of Manasquan Inlet , in 240' of water. It took all 6 crew members to land it , one guy on the rod. 80 Penn international reel ,130 lb. briaded line , Diawa 80 lb. rod , 15 ' of 600 lb. stainles steel cable leader , two 12/0 hooks , and a 12 lb. Blue fish for bait . It took an hour and 15 min . to land it . Never was able to get it in the boat , just tied it to transom as far up as we could get it out of the water and headed for the scales.

What a day that was . It now hangs on the wall in my Trophy Room . Made lots of steaks out of it .

Tight Lines

Len :D:yes::yes::yes:

DSC00170.jpg

DSC00168.jpg

There are many , many stories in that room . 53 years of great memories , hanging on the walls . Tuna , Marlin,Sharks , Salmon , Trout , wahoo , Dolphin , and many more . Also ELK , MOOSE , MULIES , WHITETAILS , CARIBOU , ANTELOPE , GRIZZLY BEAR , BLACK BEAR , CINNOMIN BLACK BEAR , WILD TURKEY'S , PHEASANTS , QUAIL , DUCKS , GEESE , ect.

always LOOKING BACK now . Enjoyed every hunt and fishing trip . Just keep on GOING never stop .

Len :D

DSC00163.jpg