Can anyone suggest a Good Action Dipsey rod?,I Bought 2 shimano tekota 600s and would like to find a Good Quality Good Action Dipsey Rod that will last a long time. Also what Brand wire would you Reccomend?How many ft is a Safe amount to Load reel up with?

A Shimao Tolara roller guide rod will pair up pretty sweet with those 600's. :yes:

Starting off you want to go with 30 lb Malin wire.

1000 ft.

The 30 doesn't kink as easily as the 20 lb.

I've been reading about the 19 strand wire but never ran it and I usually don't fix anything that ain't broke.

Glen

I have the Okuma Blue Diamond Roller rods and love them. The Tolars are nice but pricey. If you do get the roller rods, make sure you turn the rod so the reel is facing the front of the boat and the wire sits on the rollers. If not, the wire could jump the roller and cause problems.

A Shimao Tolara roller guide rod will pair up pretty sweet with those 600's. :yes:

Starting off you want to go with 30 lb Malin wire.

1000 ft.

The 30 doesn't kink as easily as the 20 lb.

I've been reading about the 19 strand wire but never ran it and I usually don't fix anything that ain't broke.

Glen

I am with Glen, except I like the Fish DR. 7' roller rods. They use better guides that won't let the wire get behind the roller and tip. They are light enough for the smaller fish on the fingerlakes . They will handle kings great. One piece blanks. :yes::yes:

10' Eagle starfire Rods with a twillie tip have a great action and hold up very well to all sorts of abuse like otterboats and coolers sliding around in the boat smashing into them. :lol: oops.

Shimano Talora rods Roller are nice but lots $ or even the normal eyelets with a twillie tip. I recommend either. They are all great rods.

I've got a pair of diawa heartlands that have been in service for over 10 yrs, They even took a bone crunching ride under the Tunkanic falls bridge scraping them up and bringing the boat to a stop. I expected them to fail yrs ago and they have not. The rest of my boat is equipped with the YELLOW Eagle claw starfires and the last 2 dipsey rods I bought are the Starfire 403s. Those starfires were a common stable for charter capt.s for years. I like them because of thier visablity. I will catch a release out of the corner of my eye way easier than other colors. Bretts on the bay have great prices on all Starfires.

http://www.brettsplaceonthebay.com/2-pa ... -rods-new/

2 for $50