stoney point launch

NO problems with access (I don't think it as as shallow as it was last year).

If you are not familiar with the run out to the lake from the boat launch using the creek, you have to be careful!!!

Stay in the center of the creek from the ramp until you get to the little private marina on the left as you head out of the creek, as you get to that marina you need to keep left in a dredged channel (Not much wider than your boat) until you have reached the opening of the bay and can see the main lake. At this point you need to follow the channel as it runs along the right side shore of the bay heading out (If you cut straight for the lake or stay left you will run aground). You will start to see the green and red cans as you approach another small private marina on the right side of the bay. If you stay between the cans on the way out from here you will be fine. Reverse the process coming back in.

It is not as hard as it sounds, and when you have run the channels once, you have a feel for where they are. I have seen plenty of first timers who smelled the lake as they left the creek not realizing it is wicked shallow the whole left side and center of that bay. don't ruin your day trying to get "unstuck" from mud. From the mouth of the creek to where the cans start might be 200-300 yards and the danger is shallow water mud with an unmarked channel that I described above. The rock dangers lie along both sides of the channel marked by the cans, stay between the cans and you will stay off the rocks.