A Whole lot of "firsts" on Keuka 5/24/12

FIRST time I owned a boat with a steering wheel & a key, :yes: FIRST time trolling without paying a charter captain, :yes: FIRST time I didn't curse New York State @ a boat launch :P, & now FIRST time I do a report for "LOU" 8) , went 6 for 9 for lake trout, out of Keuka State Park 1ST loss was not knowing you don't have to "rip their lips off setting the hook"(FIRST mate), 2ND loss was by me beating a fish with the landing net instead of netting it (it's my boat) 8) , that was "our" FIRST two fish, we had 1 that just became our FIRST "unbutton", 5 of our fish came on a local charter captains fly, I refuse to give him anymore advertising, especially since his Daughter & him are in this months New York State Game & Fish Magazine, so let's just say it starts with Reel Hooked Up & ends in fly & 1 on a spoon, "rotten veggies" all on the West side & anywhere from 50'(dipsey's) to 80'(riggers), had our limit before we reached the bluff 100-160 FOW, a nice South wind came up that blew us right on up on our trailer :yes: All in all it was a most excellent bluebird day for a pair of FIRST time solo trollers :clap:8)

100_4793.jpg

100_4791.jpg

100_4792.jpg

Excellent! It looks like you have the boat set up nice too! You have the back open to net fish. My family is supposed to camp there with another family...I may be hitting you up this summer for tips!

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Great Job! My dad just showed me the pic of Sierra in the game and fish Mag :clap: You fishing this weekend if so get with me I have some good spoons for you to run. I will even let you have hooks this time. Sean

I leave the weekends to "Charter Captains", usually get the Grand Daughter on the weekends. Mike supposedly sold me the "good" spoons. Hey one of my wire rods got all pig tailed & a nasty kink happened, gotta cut off & put a new end on, I'm looking for the size of the crimps......Mike says "hardware" stores...........none that I find.......& Hills, Valleys & Streams when asked says ..."Mike's on vacation".........can't win, anyhow I don't want to buy 100 of every size to get the ones I need DOH ! :@ Don't want this rod out of service the next "Thursday" HELP !

Sounds like you did an excellent job!

Just add some fish pics next time :)

Your absolutely right Sir, needed fish pics...............they were just Keuka Lake over abundant lakers, pan fish size after heading & tailing, you know the "tasty" ones with butter salt, pepper & a little lemon juice & a frosted beer mug full of Bully Hill Goat wine ;)