order to Northern King

On May 1, 2012 I ordered $83 worth of NK's from Northern King. They called me 3 wks later to tell me they didn't have 70% of what I ordered, but would substitute and throw in a few extras. They'd ship the next day. Well, I still don't have them on the 24th. Buyer beware.....what they advertise they have on their website, they don't have most of them. And unless you're ready to wait a month for what they DO have? you might as well go to the store and get what they have so you can use them on the coming weekend. I don't think I'll order from them anymore, unless it's in the winter for the spring fishing, it might take that long to get them.

Thanks for letting me 'vent'.

Doesnt surprise me. Over the years I've been fortunate to take a few derby fish on NK's. I have a pic of Patsy (deceased owner) with my kid from 2001 when he won the youth Steelhead division. He gave us a bunch of lures and used the pic for ads. Last year I was lucky enough to catch the winning summer derby brown, 20lbs 11 ounces on a NK. I sent NK an email offering them the pic for nothing in return. It was a cool looking pig of a brown, only 33 inches long, crazy fat. Thought they might want the pic, but never heard a word from them. Too bad because Im an NK freak and more often than not if Im running spoons they are NK's. Love the lures however their customer service isnt the best.

Yes, I love the NK's too. They definately need someone to oversee their website tho. I'm not surprised they didn't answer you about the pic. High fives tho.....sounds like a football. If I were in charge, I would have jumped at the chance for free publicity. Yeah, customer service sucks. Im goin' to Gander from now on. Oh and FYI...they told me the SeaSick Waddler is not available now and probably won't be. So if you guys have any......treat them like gold........they probably ARE.

Thanks for the heads up. I've been trying to put an order online for several weeks.

When I put all my credit info in it tells me credit card is no good. They should shut the site down because it's a big waste of time. Voicemails have not been returned. To bad really. There is a ton of interest the product.

They had to close their shop on Hojack, and he is now making the spoons out of his house. He is no longer putting them in packaging either.

Mitchel's Bait shop in Charlotte has tons of NK, not in the package, and they are a great price too.

Pat built that little spoon company from the ground up, and NK became the main spoon on Lake Ontario. I'm really sad to see the way it's been going.

Same happened to me $100ish order almost a month ago. Called 5 times and got somebody on the horn last Thursday. She specifically said no more glo ssw. They are working on a uv version. They were supposed to call me back that day about my order. Never did. They could have at least emailed me back 2 weeks ago. I would have been satisfied with that.

Btw my buddy just started painting spoons and does a heck of a job. He powder coats them to a glossy durable finish. If you want to talk to bobby about an order send him an e-mail:

[email protected]

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

I finally got my spoons today at 6:00 pm. The substitutes they sent are ok and I'm happy again. I just wish it hadn't taken 3 wks. for them to tell me they didn't have some of them. They were all packaged too. About 2 months ago I ordered the SSW and again it was weeks before they emailed me that they didn't have them, and weren't going to get them. This time I didn't even bother to ask for them because of what I was told before. I love NK's and have used them since the 80's. Excuse the pun, but they're 'missing the boat'. Good fishing all.

I too have had an issue with them with a spoon I had shown them while buying some blanks at the LOTSA show. They told me send the picture to them and they would paint some up for me, well that was at least 5=6 weeks ago and never heard back :no:

Bazookajoe I will give the opportunity to your friend (thanks) to make a few bucks off me since the NK people seem to not want my :cash:

Kinda weird how they only do cash at their sale :no: seems a little shady :wondering:

I've been trying to get my hands on some SSW for quite some time. Especially the mags. They aren't painting spoons anymore. Rather they are imaging. The ones I've seen in some of the West end tackle shops aren't what they used to be. Those owners are actually quite disappointed with the look of them, and I was told were sending them back to NK. It's a shame! Those spoons and their paint jobs rocked! They took a lot of fish. Pat was a great guy, and John is too, but unless they start painting again it might be the beginning of the end.

BAZOOKAJOE - Those paint jobs look great! I'd be interested for sure! Are those dimple lite mags? The two on the bottom next to the SSW's look fishy too!

Northern King told me they were having trouble with their glo paint. Maybe in the future they might have the SSW again, but it sounded like it would be a while, if ever. Perhaps that's why they still offer it on the website. Also, not everyone knows how to edit a website. I know there are more colors available that are not on the site. I'm not making excuses for them, but maybe cutting them a little slack. Let's see how this turns out. I hope NK continues making the quality we're used to. I still love the spoons, but I don't like the sound of this 'imaging' thing. Hey, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. As for customer service.......well, that's another story.

Just received an email from John at NK and he told me what i already knew.That the SSW was unavailable at this time .He offered to refund the cost of the SSW or replace it with 2 new UV colors they came out with so i chose the 2 new colors.I guess thats not all bad but i really wanted a SSW to try on my annual trip to Oak Orchard in July.Now i just have to wait and see how long it takes to receive them.

• 3 weeks later...

If you paid through PayPal you can submit a claim for a refund. Or get your credit card company to reverse the charge. It's too bad...all you want is your lures in a timely manner. You would think they would say I'm backed up and give you an option of a promise date or a refund.

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png