Caught 3 of these today

hammer289

I ended up catching 3 of these in 5 casts and also lost one. I know they have got to be either a white bass or a white perch and i caught them on the upper niagara not out of ontario if that helps at all. I was hoping someone could give me a hand with what these are. Thanks in advanced :beer::beer:

white.jpg

The white perch will have a purple color on its lower jaw area. Hybrid stripers are not stocked here and they are sterile so they do not propagate, but they fight like nothing you have ever seen.

Haha thats the weirdest looking striper iv seen :lol: but thanks guys i knew it was one of the two. :beer: They made for a good day and you aren't kdding they fight like smallies and especially when they get in the current they really make it pretty interesting.

They do have a really good fight... not unlike smallies as far as the pull and doggedness; but I have never seen them jump like smallies can! They are also pretty tasty and r a regular, along with white perch (silver bass) and stripers, in fish markets around the country. I've only run into them in tight aggressive schools a couple of times in Irondiquoit Bay, incidentally, while targeting nothing in particular...they are a wonderful treat in many ways.... :yes::yes: