Total Boated:1

Species Breakdown: Brown

Hot Lure: Spoons

Trolling Speed: 2.0-2.5

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 40-170

Lure Depth: 30-110

====================

Friends were in town and I managed to move some meetings to get off with them yesterday and hit the lake. Started around 6 am out of Sodus and worked from 40' out to 160' looking for fish. Did not mark many fish, and bait seemed spradic on the chart. Moved back in to the 40' range and managed a few hits and boated 1 brown. Again we moved out deeper working out to 170', but again without much on the screen. We ran SD/flies and spoons for most of the trip, sticks when we got in closer. About a half dozen boats were out doing about the same stretch as us, so I thought there must be something keepng them around, unfortunately we didn't have much luck. Later in the afternoon we moved to the bay with light rods so my company could at least return home with a fishing story!!

I have more guests coming this weekend and we are planning to hit the lake both Saturday and Sunday. Hopefully we will do better this weekend. Anyone finding fish out of Sodus? Seems by the reports that things are happening out a little deeper now, but still sporadic. I don't have a large boat (16.5' deep hull), but if the lake cooprates I am comfortable trying out a little deeper this weekend. Any thoughts or pointers?

It's getting to be that time of the season where the fish move offshore. When you find a pocket of fish or delta in temp, fish it. Get ready to start fishing deep as well...

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

The only report I see was a tweet from Fishin Magician and he found pretty much the same you did, bait between 20 & 50 fow with a few brown trout bites. He did mention some laker action out around 110 fow.

Dont be afraid to start in shallow early or in low light, then slide out as the sun comes out.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

That's probably what we'll do Sunday/Monday, unless Charlie finds something interesting prior to that.