Lake Erie Eastern Basin Bite

fishkiller16

Lets use this thread for the summer for Lake Erie reports. We fished Friday May 25 off the Windmills, Seneca Shoal, and Meyers Reef very slow day. We dropped one at the boat on Meyers and had a few clean hooks. It will pick up very soon.

Nice. I see the usual suspects chiming in. We are gonna need a Barcelona and Dunkirk thread soon.

Was out there today, Sat am, way in front of the windmills in 40 feet of water or so. Pretty calm. We ran meat on triple d harnesses in darker colors. I ran my snap weight program, with a couple of high lines. The snaps produced 2 fish - a 24 and a 25. Not too bad. We were off by 1130 or so. 2 bites all day. Ran a renosky on a 10 foot lead on my shorty off a bottom bouncer off the back of the boat. No play there. We got on at 800.

We ran passed the departure buoy and fished canadian waters for the last hour. Some decent marks but no action.

Nice to get the first couple of walleyes of the season. Both were released. :yes: Gonna try for some perch then troll a little bit later in the morning. I am gonna break out the secret weapon stuff.

Mark, we did pretty good on the perch last wendesday out of Sturgeon. 62 FOW approx 4 mi N of Evans bar. Some Jumbos to 13" with peewees mixed in. We fished 1630-2300hrs. Went to Evans bar at dusk and never moved a rod in shallow for eyes. I figure they're out deep now and maybe post-spawn? We will be out daytime eye fishing next weekend.

Saturday, May 26th:

two of us went out around 4pm and fished until 11pm.

first, made a pass by windmills 30-35 fow, two huge sheepshead...ugh, ugh!

swung out toward Seneca on the way there a nice 5lb bass...ugh!

swung around shoal to find deeper water, 42fow and headed toward buffalo, 1.8mph.

nw of red buoy started to mark a lot of fish on bottom, some starting to rise. rigger pulling NK glo frog took one around 26in.

at around 8:30pm screen LIT UP, fish everywhere 10ft deep to bottom, took another around 28" on a in-line, single splitshot, ratlin' rougue black/silver.

worked the area for a couple of more passes, no bites, and called it a night. no bites on harnesses

Jack

Got off the water today, Sunday, at 300. We got 2 walleyes (16 inchers), I smallie, I sheepshead, and I perch. Good crowd of boats in front of the windmills. We ran meat the whole time. Kinda slow. Found a couple of nice humps with good fish on em, but no dice. My gps route looks almost total color. We pounded the area. Ran my snapweight (2oz) program at 1.2 to 1.5. Best color, purple blade, yellow beads. All fish released.

Gonna try tomorrow am.

Got off the water today, Sunday, at 300. We got 2 walleyes (16 inchers), I smallie, I sheepshead, and I perch. Good crowd of boats in front of the windmills. We ran meat the whole time. Kinda slow. Found a couple of nice humps with good fish on em, but no dice. My gps route looks almost total color. We pounded the area. Ran my snapweight (2oz) program at 1.2 to 1.5. Best color, purple blade, yellow beads. All fish released.

Gonna try tomorrow am.

Mark, We went 9 for 11 off Meyers Reef 32-36 foot of water. The Torpedo Diver 4oz Shark was working well today 65' back, along with 5 colors of lead, & 30 Jets. We even picked up 2 on a Reef Runner Gator Bait 125' back. Our biggest was 5.5 lbs. We caught all but those 2 on meat at 1.8-1.9 mph. Work from the Wanaka to Meyers and back. Our best concentration of fish was right where the cliffs start near RT.5 and Old Lakeshore Rds comes together (pinehurst area). You should have called me on the radio I would have helped ya out. Good luck I wont be back out till Friday, weather permitting. The charter I had today was a Father, Mother and their 3 sons 12-16, there were grins from ear to ear. We were done at 3 also.

fantastic! I had the radio going for a spell, but was slow. Great charter for the clients...Nice work.

I picked up a couple of those torpedos at the last LOTSA show. So, been dying to give it a shot.

Hows the crawler situation out there? Poor pickins if you ask me.

Wow, hot out there. Flies didnt have a problem bitin.

We went 4 for 6 on walleyes. 2 at 20 and 21, and 2 at 16. Smaller fish we let go. Also had a couple of goats (boys love to fight em) and some white perch. Having the bigger ones for dinner tonight.

Perch seem to be bitin just fine. Bigger schools out in 45 + of waters. Just north and west of meyers. We had a fun time on the water. Was gonna try on tomorrow evening, but weather looks dicey.

Fished out sbh out at 7 in at noon all meat toaday picked 4 keepers lost some at net had 2 dinks black n purple, and confusion. Taken on dipsys and 30 jets off inlines 1.9 mph between seneca and meyers 32 to 38 fow

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Spoke with my buddy who charters out of Barcelona. He fished the PA line and then Brocton shoals this weekend. Picked a few up both places. Claims that it's going to start getting good real soon! Hopefully my next report will be a "first hand" one. This working is really putting a damper on the important things! Good Fishing, Sluggo (Chris)

Chris, Was that Fred that gave you the report? It will not be long they are getting limits of eyes out of Walnut Creek in 45 ft of water.There also have been a few good catches straight out NW to 45 ft out of Barcelona Harbor.

Capt. Larry

Back from pike trip up north, and weather permitting hoping to be in this weekend at Dunkirk. Marina is under renovation so

we have to work out a dock issue too....but that's the plan. Hear they got a few this past weekend....

Was out there today with the boy. Seen some good hooks 20 to 25 down. Ran some meat on snap weight. A couple of hit and runs but thats it. 40 to 44 FOW.

Did some perch fishing too. Seems the blooms were shook up with the wind and weather over the last few days. Had trouble locating school. Some nickel and dime stuff.

Channel 68 was humming, but it didnt seem like all too good news. Southowns in full force. giddy up fellas. :D

Saturday...

2 trophy smallies and 1 6-7lb yellow...tough day, covered lots of water from the Fence in 55-fow to Meyers in 36-fow and Seneca in 41-fow, marked very few fish, widely scattered.

my best picture (not a great picture btw) of the day was out deep off the Fence

picked the yellow up in 41-fow just west of the red can. north troll, black/pink hatchet, 20 ft off down rigger ball, 2.1-mph down speed. another hit and miss in the same area, and we called it a day.

worked hard for very little. back at it after the front passes.

Jack