Lake Erie Eastern Basin Bite

fishkiller16

Slow out of Dunkirk today on a beautiful lake. We boxed 4 walleye, 60 fow. Most

of the guys seemed to be in the 1-2 fish range. Not a lot of good screens, and the

water temps in my mind are a touch on the cool side yet.

The "Early June" fishing conditions happen when the surface water temperatures are between 55 and 65 degrees. The little green algae is blooming there, the phytoplankton critters are feasting there, the newly hatched fry and minnows are there and all the yellow perch, white bass, white perch, walleyes are up there feeding. So keep your lures above 20 feet using sideplaners with 3 colors of leadcore, jets and dipseys about 50 to 75 foot out depending on the side settings.

3 fish today ... just shy of being weighers...

N to NW of Seneca 51 fow and 40 ft down

blk/pink harnesses, 1.7mph down speed

riggers (40' off ball) and medium blk dispys down 40ft off big boards

saw fish feeding off bugs on surface, but couldn't get them to go.

out again tomorrow...

committed and spent the morning working outer Meyers - should have stayed in bed - one dink and one perch

did find a 7 degree down-temp break for first time this year, and lots of bait

moral of the story "head west young man, head west...."

Hit up meyers andgot 2 fish ..1. 16" and 1 short .....marked some fish but not enough to keep us there ....went over by departure bouy and pick up 4 fish ..16 to 17". Range...dropped a couple and missed a few ...2 better fish came unbuttoned...better screen all bottom bouncing

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

7 days out last week 6 fish all non weighers. Fished from meyers to center road. Best screens were in 75 to 83 foot of water. Best time was dawn to 9 am. Sideplaners with leadcore and another 2 oz sinker and harness worked.

Fished out of smh..6 till 1:00..Started by departure bouy on border .1 drum..bottom bounced towers meyers,nothing.Crossed over to trolling gear .Ran deep divers and dipsy pulling meat.Picked up three on meat and 1 on a stickbait.3 fish were 4-5lbs and one soon at 9.73 on digital scale .Were really marking fish on bottom ,most suspended.3 fish came 20 to 30 down over 40-45 .gps speed 1.7--1.9

Got a report from my brother who fishes out of the Catt. On a morning trip Sat. June 23rd fishing solo in the morning he caught three walleye all around eater 21" size fishing around the perch beds 50-55" out in front on Pink blade/harness. 4oz torpedo, 8oz torpedo and a rigger on the bottom. The cleaning station was absent of walleye soooooo still slow. Lots of bait/perch on graph.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Mobile%20Device.png

Thanks for the update. Gonna give it shot this morning and see whats what. Probably run some meat. Probably just run out to the canada line and see whats on the fishfinder first. Still smaller fish around the windmills. Havent seen those pronounce marks yet. Still waiting.

We fished out of Barcelona Sunday. The bite is really picking up. We only fished for a few hours but managed 5 Eyes and dropped a nice one behind the boat. Fished 65 - 75 fow. Water temps down 55/60 feet west of the harbor were about 8 degrees cooler than east. The fishing seemed to get better the further west we went. My buddy did 10 on Saturday out of Shade beach in Pa. Dark colors seemed to be the best. Took one eye off a black and silver stick bait, the rest of worn harnesses. 10 color and dipsey rods took the most fish as we had about 10 silver bass and sheephead as well.

I'd love to see a Barcelona report thread started. I'll be fishing it quite a bit. It's only 25 minutes from home and would be more than happy to contribute as many reports as I can!!

We fished out of Barcelona Sunday. The bite is really picking up. We only fished for a few hours but managed 5 Eyes and dropped a nice one behind the boat. Fished 65 - 75 fow. Water temps down 55/60 feet west of the harbor were about 8 degrees cooler than east. The fishing seemed to get better the further west we went. My buddy did 10 on Saturday out of Shade beach in Pa. Dark colors seemed to be the best. Took one eye off a black and silver stick bait, the rest of worn harnesses. 10 color and dipsey rods took the most fish as we had about 10 silver bass and sheephead as well.

I'd love to see a Barcelona report thread started. I'll be fishing it quite a bit. It's only 25 minutes from home and would be more than happy to contribute as many reports as I can!!

Welcome and thanks for contributing to the thread. A separate thread for Barcelona was suggested, I don't have a preference, but this thread is the "Eastern Basin" and as good as any. many of us will be headed that way often the rest of the year and will post often.

Sunday was pretty good out of Dunkirk too. Fished west towards Van Buren Point.

40 jets with copper orange harnesses and chattersticks was the best. Did take a few

on the slide divers too.

Boated 4 that were in the 14-15" range that we had to kick. Good sign! Heard

several others report the same.....

John

4 fish in 30 minutes over 4 hours total fishing time.

From SBH along the fence 40 fow into 60 fow (best picture).. Lots of fish and bait 20-40 ft deep, and on the bottom.

spread consisting of two riggers, two wire dispsys, two in-line boards with drop weights. each took a fish. colorado harnesses in copper/orange, copper/watermelon, hatchet in pink/black and small perch chattersticks. 1.7-1.8 mph down speed.

lots of fish.... slow bite.