Boat Depth:

Lure Depth:

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

2-4

240 dipsy ripping line kids got him to 400

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

250 fow riggers are way to quiet. Phone is real low if I figure out how to post my phone pics I will post tonight.

And by the way I hope this report is no disrespect to ruff rider as I have been loving his reports all week when I was sitting at work knowing is be here today. That 2am departure should hit me soon.. Time for some more red bull.

Finally boat cleaned up and in the room enjoying a cold beverage. Ended up 7-10. Mostly cohoes and immatures with the one 15lb king. All but one fish came on spinning fly or echip fly with best fly being shredded hammer. We did have another good size king on the dipsey but it came unbuttoned after ripping 100 feet. 2.7 gps speed.

Just getting to bed. Blew a bearing on the trailer on my way back to the hotel room. Thanks to Hackeye and his gang got the trailer and boat back to the hotel they had the wheel off in matter of no time but could not find a place open tonight. Hoping that we can find a bearing kit tomorrow.

As far as the fishing we ended up going 4 for 5. 1 steely and 3 cohoes. We tried out deep and in a bit shallower but the kings were nowhere to be found.

That really sucks. I had a bearing go on my trailer a week ago. I know your pain of coarse I was laughing when the tire passed me :P Lucky it happened on a back road near home. I don't know if there is a tractor supply close to you but they should have what you need. Good luck!

Yikes glad everyone and the boat are safe! Btw, boatus has trailer insurance for $14/yr. It's like buying a snowblower, once you get it it will almost never snow! :)

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Wally from lakeview hooked me up with one of his mechanic friends. I hit napa at 8 and his mechanic had everything back together at 11. We got out at the bar but couldn't get one release. Talked to a couple guides and they found a break in 350 fow and put some steel and cohos in the boat. With us getting out soo late I didn't feel like venturing too far plus there was tons of bait and marks off the bar. Mayb it had to do with the bright sun. Trying to figure out the weather for tomorrow. Will play it by ear but we mayb headed home early.

Glad to hear you guys got back up and running...you guys were very lucky that wheel didn't come of on the interstate...that bearing was a mess. Good luck on the way home and make sure to check your bearings regularly..it can be a life saver.

See you on the water soon.

Jeff

Back home safe and sound. Jeff thanks for all your and your buddies help. It was a pleasure meeting you guys and maybe we can get out together some time or atleast get the two boats running as we did last weekend. We didn't make it out on Tuesday. I woke up at 5am and went outside and it seemed a bit breezy for me to have a tired mate. Having the long ride home I am not regretting the call of not making it out.

All in all we had a great trip. And made better with the Chris and Wally at Lakeview. Wally is definitely a character but will do anything for you. Where else would the owner of the hotel give you the keys to his truck. I will definitely be back up there and theres no question where I will be staying. Too bad about the bearing but like I said it couldn't have happenned at a better place and I only lost half a day of fishing.

Boat all rigged up. Gotta love the new 3 rod rule. 2 weeks of rigging boat. Did I mention i hate my Garmin 540s. Back to Humminbird.

rigged.jpg

Small Steelie

steelie.jpg

We did make it to the falls Monday night. Never had seen it from the US side and my son had never seen them at all.

falls.jpg

Thank you.

Everything worked great except I need some real planer boards. I am thinking otters but not sure without doing more research.

I wasn't sure how the Ez steer system was going to perform but I had no issues. And not having gas control from the helm wasn't as bad as i thought it would be. The 9.9 honda purrs and sips gas.