Need some Mexico Bay Bass info

Tell him to go to oneida. They should be in thick around the rocks at the beach

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Thanks.

He plans on fishing Oneida 1/2 a day on Sunday on his way home.

What beach?

Is there a launch near by?

I don't fish Oneida.

Sylvan. Just look for birds and smallies are under the bait the birds are diving for. Did it for a few mins the other night coming in from walleyes. I hate bass fishing but it was dun for about 10 mins. As far as Mexico no idea I've picked up a few smallies this yr trolling browns in 10-15the fow

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

i used to fish smallie quite a bite, i like the ford shoal area. never fished them in the bay. the water temp is in the low 60's so i would throw crank baits and spinner baits in the shallows 5 -15fow. there are plenty of rocky areas in the bay. i always liked points.

Use to fish out of Fair Haven & Sodus Quite a bit. I liked to jig . Drifted in 10-30' , 12-20 avrage. Back then all we used was 1/8 0z brown or Black /purple hand tied bucktails. With the gobies, Big tubes that resemble them fished on bottom. Drop shotting also. Need to find the spots & stay on them. Fish don't show up a lot on sonar cause they like to hug bottom. We would be hammering them & guys would troll around us only catching an occasional fish. A 7' light action spin W/ 4# line. Getting the right sweep on the drift is key.Most hits happen on the fall. Semi slack line on the drop & watch for a tick . Drag anchor to slow yourself down a bit in a breeze. Fish behind the anchor in the stirred up sediment.

Hey Glen,

If I were him, I'd pass on Mexico and shoot up to Henderson Harbor. Way more options up in Henderson no matter what the weather. I keep hearing how good the bass fishing is there, but never did it. I have been there when the pro bass circuit was holding a tourney there though. Just my opinion, but that is where I'd go for sure!

Hey Spoonfed, PM me your address & I will send you out what was Killer for me. Went to Fair haven opening weekend with my crew for about 20 years straight . Heard that Mexico was good also . Looked at topo map of bottom and saw what I consider good structure as I recall. Never made it out that way cause Moon Beach & the state park was so good to us.

Thanks for the help guys.

I just back from a week of training for my Capts license in Mexico.

I talked to a couple guys that fish the Bay for Bass and they said it's been slow going and recommended he fish out of Oswego.

He fished the Harbor and east and had a tough day on Saturday.

He went to Oneida on Sunday and did well.

Thanks again for the help and the offer Has Been.

Ray thanks for thinking of me but no worrys.

I'm going to stay a closet Bass fishermen. :)

Glen