downriggr installation on Lund fisherman with track

sturgeonx

I have a track system installed on my Lund fisherman its a 2004 and I have 1 scotty electric and 1 cannon manual. the side the scotty is on flex like crazy when I let out or bring in the ball and its only an 8lbs ball.

The track is 24 inches long and had a support underneath the aluminium already and I added another piece of 1 x 5 underneather and bolted the track to both. I am worried that it is going to get worse. I couldn't get a piece of of wood the total width of the gunnel because it gets narrower as I go towards the front of the boat and there are wires hanging from there also.

Anybody have any ideas how to make this more sturdy?

thanks

sturgeon

If your gunwales are not sturdy enough you may have to go with a transom bar that spans from side to side. Other wise, run the riggers just angled off of the side of the boat, not a full 90 degrees to the side. That will help take some of the torque off of the gunwales.

I have berts trac system on my starcraft 186 i run them on both sides of a 36" track I use 12 lb balls and i run them at less than 90 degrees to the boat and over top of the bolts that hold the trac for extra support seems to work better. If I push the downriggers right to the back of the track it pulls more. Ive added a pic to show better.

Hope this helps

Roff

IMAG0165.jpg