Hot Lure:

Trolling Speed: 2.2 - 3.0

Down Speed: ?

Boat Depth: 140 - 265

Lure Depth: 30 to 115

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Myself, my son Dustin, and his friend Franz had the privelege To fish with Mark "Skipper19" today. What a fun day! The day started out with Mark almost getting his finger ripped off setting up the copper...went to put the line in the release on the outrigger and wham!! Off goes a steelhead on a rampage. Dustins friend Franz got to handle his first copper fish after fighting the fish for a few minutes he said how much farther do I have to go Mark...Mark looked at him with a grin and said well you almost have all the backing in :lol: The action was really fast and furious for the first hour...in fact we were only able to set 2 rods up until things slowed down. After the morning flurry things slowed down with a fish here and there until 10 am or so and things just shut down... We had a great time lots of laughs... and a couple tired boys (Franz and Dustin are still chasing eachother around in the front yard) Mark and I found our way to the Hammock. :lol: Mark once again thanks for a great day from Dustin, Franz and myself! Another page in the memory books!! Mark I'm terrible at remembering all the details so add as needed. ;)

100_5418.jpg

100_5422.jpg

100_5420.jpg

100_5416.jpg

100_5419.jpg

Tom, I had the best time watching the smiles on those boys faces grow bigger with each fish. That was my best gift of all, and I must say the boys were very nice and fun to be with. Yeah the fish were really trying to take my fingers off not once but twice! Both times on the 300 foot copper just as the clip was going closed on the outrigger it flys away and we fished with one rod for the first 20 or 30 minutes :lol: finally got four rods set when another takes off. Then while letting back a diver on slow drag it flew off with it still in my hand at 100 ft out on a .5 setting.

Eventually we managed to get 7 rods out....200, 300 copper off the outriggers, two divers , and thee downriggers. Everything took shots, and we had some really feisty spring fish actually pulling and ripping drag like a king :yes: ..Like Tom said it was a flurry of action and then it got real slow. It was a pleasure having Tom drive the boat, and he was good at it so I could do the rigging and keep an eye on those rods. Everything ran straight and we never had a tangle even in the rollers and trolling into the wind. Those boys were on the ball though as the fish were really getting their attention, and they were in the FISH ON mode!.

Can't say there was a hot lure, but we ran a combination of spinny and fly, spoons green and some orange, since the kings seemed to be missing in action, we never got hits on the venerable lures such as the 42 second and NBK. The gator on the 300 copper was the choice of steelhead.

We did venture out to 330 fow, but the bite stopped early and there was a lot of lure washing going on at mid day.

Thanks for coming along Tom, Dustin, and Franz, ..I had fun and the pleasure was all mine

IMAG1083.jpg

jpg upload

The way out, nice day!

IMAG1084.jpg

upload images

Franz getting acquainted with his fish :lol:

IMAG1086.jpg

jpg upload

Dustin getting scaly :lol:

IMAG1088.jpg

free image hosting

We kept five and the rest swam!

Can't wait to do it again, Thank you Tom and boys!

Mark

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

The smile on the boys faces tell it all . Keep them fishing for as long as you can. I am sure the smile on or faces was even better. Trips like that are the most memorable .

Tight Lines

Len :clap:

Thanks everyone for the kind words, thats all my son talks about is fishing...and when we dropped Franz off he was asking where the best place to buy dipsy's was...I gave him two that I don't use :yes:

Tom

hey skipper19, Dustin and Tom have fished on my boat too, and Dustin is a very nice young man, patient, and knows how to reel in fish, he is always more than welcome aboard, way to go tcon, oh yea great quality pics skipper19, almost 3D looking

hey skipper19, Dustin and Tom have fished on my boat too, and Dustin is a very nice young man, patient, and knows how to reel in fish, he is always more than welcome aboard, way to go tcon, oh yea great quality pics skipper19, almost 3D looking

Yes! Those boys and Tom are quality friends, and they all have a permanent place in my trips on Lake O as well. I hope I can get them on some of those drag ripping kings now that Dustin, and Franz are broken in on copper and steelies and coho. Even when the fishing was slow they were very patient, and determined. I sometimes forget that kids can't often sustain the boredom of a lull in action, and I have probably one of the strongest desires of anyone to just get that bite to come back and just get one more shot at a big fish before calling it quits. Those kids were right with me. I sometimes need a nudge to pull the rods and give up, but they managed to patiently wait for Tom and I to say Ok, I guess its time to quit.

Thanks for the compliment on the pics! Those guys helped them a lot with their genuine enjoyment of fishing and the smiles were my reward. We will be doing it again for sure! :yes: Mark

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Mike and Mark,

After reading your replys last night I called Dustin in to look at the computer and told him this is what makes me proud as a father! Thank you for the compliments.

Tom