Memorial Day Tribute

Today I want to pay tribute to all veterans past and present. Especially my Son Pete who has served 9 years as a Marine and served 3 tours in both Iraq and Afghanistan. I wish you were here to fish with me Pete. Love you, Dad

Amen Bear! A great thanks to our brothers & sisters serving in our armed forces! Let us never forget the sacrifices made by those before us as we enjoy the freedoms we have today!

Today is the day my wife and I will visit my Grandfather, Dad, three uncles and our son on a piece of ground the government set a side for it's heroes.

As I sit in the living room of our home that's decorated with photographs,medals my son wore on his chest so proudly once, a flag that was folded with purpose by the Marines that carried my son to his final resting place.

The true meaning of Memorial day came to me with a great sadness , that the biggest percent of Americans are going on with their everyday life, with out a clue of who or what has given them there freedom. They just know that it is a 3 day weekend and time to have fun.

The local television station and paper ask how are you going to celebrate Memorial day weekend ?

My God what is there to Celebrate about the death of so many young men and woman. Memorial day is just that, a day for America to mourn for those that made the allotment sacrifice.

Please take a minute of your time and give thanks to those that made the greatest sacrificed, not just for America but free people all over the world.