What size Aftco Roller tip 7' shimano talora roller rod

I was told that the 7' & 8' talora roller rods do NOT come with the aftco roller tips. Does anyone know what size aftco tip I need? It appears as though they make several sizes.

Not interested in torpedo tips at this time. Thanks, Matt

• 1 month later...

The 7 and 8s have a roller tip, the 9s and 10s have a swivel roller tip

I would use a Torpedo Tip, it is a swivel roller tip and has a unique design that hes functioned really well for me.

Much better price on it at about $30 and in my opinion a better tip (plus a sponsor of this site)

Am I the only one that doesn't like the roller rods? I find that I constantly need to make sure they are "laying correctly" in the rod holder or else the wire can jump off the roller tips...

Nick

Am I the only one that doesn't like the roller rods? I find that I constantly need to make sure they are "laying correctly" in the rod holder or else the wire can jump off the roller tips...

Nick

Correct me if im wrong but shouldnt all rods be oriented correctly in the holders to get the right action out of the rod? I know its more important with a MRG but i still try to keep all my rods reels up, helps me to get to them faster too.