Memorial Day Toothy Weekend

Couple pictures from this past weekend fishing around Rochester and down on Conesus....

2e50c297.jpg

Took a couple friends/co-workers out had some fun pike fishing. Xraps and spoons working well. White/Red and Gold/Brown seem to be best colors for us.

60544ef0.jpg

b659f65d.jpg

Musky lures produce big pike as well ;) Don't be afraid to upsize now that the water temps are warming up.

47b0f1d8.jpg

b863a306.jpg

Ended up having personal best day on the water for Tigers boating SIX Tigers that morning (along with 12 pike). Nothing crazy big but I always get excited to see one no matter the size :yes:

1550d03a.jpg

Gorgeous Fish!

5a3ae085.jpg

4380dbc5.jpg

All fish released quickly and safely to grow a bit bigger. Slowly fine tuning the system in prep for the musky opener....... can't wait!

:beer: Cheers :beer:

Chad

Thanks guys!

Panfisher....... that one pike (3rd picture down) was a new personal best for me weight wise. It was one of those fish that when it hit, felt like I had just snagged bottom..... I didn't even realize I had a fish on until 3-4 seconds afterwards (armature mistake :lol: ) The fish was THICK from head to tail...... it was just over 37" inches long but definitely my heaviest pike ever boated. We didn't weight the fish.... just a quick picture and back she went to get even FATTER!

Awesome! So it's not just the way your holding him to the camera that makes him look bigger...it IS bigger! :yes: Nice work!!....What do U mean, "nothing crazy"...I'd say biggest northern ever, and a good one, that is pretty crazy, man!!! :P

nice fishin! is that a box of worms on the dash?

0530121312a.jpg

i was in maine last week. check out this sign at the boat launch. i can understand the pike paranoia,but crappies and bass? another sign there said you could be fined $500 for weeds anywhere on your rig.

0601120815a.jpg

this picture shows the ponds they have there at the end of the roads going to the lakes. the drainage ditches go in these. the wood structures keep the water calm so the water can settle before going into the lakes.

Yeah, old man. Lots of ponds and lakes in NY have been changed from good for brookies to not so because of introduced species. Maine has tried, successfully, to attempt to keep the rural atmosphere in it's state as original as possible. Their government has tried. The spread of the nearby Boston metro area, part of the original "megalopolis" in the U.S., has been somewhat successfully held back by certain moves on the state's part...unlike in neighboring N.H. and, to a lesser extant, Vermont. :yes:

Thanks guys for the kind words! Yes, old man - that is a box of worms on the dash :$ . My friend/co-worker brought them with not thinking the pike action was going to be as good as it was I guess :lol: It only took him about 5 casts to realize that. Panfisher - "nothing crazy big" refereed to that day on Conesus. We got a lot of fish but all were average size IMHO. Nice pretty fish though that I certainly will never complain about We did have a couple big girls up to the boat but couldn't get hooks into them. Windy weather keeping me off the water here for most of this weekend.... starting to get the itch again to get back out there but finally grounded myself long enough to change up main line, replace leaders, sharpen hooks and repair casting reel so I kinda needed the break to get everything back in top working order again to be honest. Maybe I will try and sneak out tonight if the wife lets me.... time to think of a good excuse on why we MUST go fishing tonight.... hmmmmmm... :lol:

Was on conesus yesterday and again this am. Yesterday am was smoking hot, boated 20 + pike and 3 tigers by 10 when it slowed to a stop. Today was almost as good with a much shorter window, started with a double header right off the batt and managed to land 10 or so between the 2 of us before it quickly shut down. Hot lures were a perch crave, shallow cruiser and perch hellhound and full size firetiger depthraider snapped thru about 10ft smoked em today. Wind was fun, rain not so much today.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png