Lowrance gps problem

My elite 5 dsi (with navionics gold chip) has been fairly trouble free since getting it last year. With the exception of an occasional hiccup. But just turn off and back on...fixed. Today it wouldn't show any of my old paths, poi, depth charts or even that you were on a lake. With the exception of the first minute after the unit is powered on it would show a zoomed out view of the lake with poi. Then 30 seconds later it beeps...position acquired...then tan background showing position (like on dry land) with no old paths/poi/depth/blue designation of water. It would sporadically show the cursor as a question mark. I dont have an external antenna. But its worked fine without it for the last year+. I played around with it all day bass fishing and adjusted everything you could. I took these 3 pics within a minute. It was communicating with the satelite because it had the correct lat/long. What do you guys think?

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

I copied this from a forum in Texas, it is a response to someone's problem with the same unit where it was flashing on and off and was having trouble acquiring position. I know its not the same problem but the reset instructions were given here by a Lowrance pro staff member from the Tulsa office. I go by that place all the time going to OKC.

Mark

try this next time it happens.

Soft Reset Power unit down, press pages key and power key, hold keys until USA map appears. This will not delete waypoints or other user saved data.

Hard Reset This method will delete waypoints and trails so be sure to back them up first unless you have no choice.

Shut unit off, press Zoom in, Zoom out, and the power key, hold keys until USA map appears. Unit will reset to factory default, you will need to allow time for unit to reinitialize gps position. This may take up to a few minutes on the first gps position lock.

_________________________ Jason Gilstrap LOWRANCE PRO STAFF

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Looking at those 3 pics, to me, it appears the unit has zoomed way out. The coordinates are the same in all 3 pics, and it would appear the river is also the same, as it seems to run the same course in all 3 pics. I can't really see what the zoom level is in any of the pics. You might want to try zooming in the next time this happens to see if it doesn't bring you back.

Edd