first trip on ontario coming up

Getting our new boat tomorrow, ive spent my entire life fishing oneida lake and im looking to make a habit of heading up to ontario this summer. I have the gear for kings coming soon but in the meantime is it worthwhile to head out looking for browns? I have a camp on henderson that I can head out of or just go to oswego,mexico bay etc. ive been trolling for walleye with planer boards for a few years but id love to get up asap and start learning the water and the gear starting next week. any tips on where to start and which tackle stores that are worth the drive. i have boards and snap weights with line counters and ill have riggers next week. not sure if the wire dipseys im getting for kings are overkill for browns.

thanks guys

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.ph ... 7&map.y=70

My sugestion would be to mow the lawn..gonna be tuff conditions for a L.O. experienced person..wait till ya got some good weather ,, ya might do ok but if i was fun fishing i wouldnt pick this weekend.....Be Careful,dont run too many lines..if i were to fish i would spend a good hour heading into the wind as fast as the waves will let you then turn and go with the wind and waves BEFORE setting up..